• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am up for whatever. I live so close to NYC I can't really say that I have stayed in a lot of hotels... I stay at the standard in LA and it was beautiful... but we aren't staying the night so. We could turn to Kamila since she would have more experience with the various hotels in this area... see what she recomends

I sent my contract and money... YAY!

Hi Ladies,

I just received the following email from Kamila:

Hi Shannon!

I do have Michelle LoConte for hair and makeup booked for March 6th! :) Also, I received deposits from you andf from Kristy so far.

As far as the hotel - Michelle has a contact at this hotel -

:: Dream Hotel NYC :: - and she is in touch with them right now. The rooms definitely look very chic and modern. I'm not that familiar with NYC hotels so I'm not sure if there are ones that are more like the B&B that I use in Philadelphia - if there is something in particular that you're looking for, let me know! I think that in NYC especially, the modern hotels work really well, so I am definitely okay with that look. If you're looking for a more vintage style hotel, I'm not sure where to look exactly, but I'll be glad to help and look around!

I would love to shoot at the Dream hotel, it looks amazing! And I think these type of locations really add a chic city quality to the photos, and if we can get an amazing view that's even better!

And I told Michelle that it would be great to keep the room to a $200 budget if she can get it - that way it would be the same price as the Standard - otherwise I will definitely let you know before booking!

As far as outfits - a lot of girls go from very conservative to super sexy so you can have a mix of stuff. For example, a lot of girls bring one of their fiance's button-down shirts, maybe something sporty, and then also corsets and thigh-highs and garters. And we also do topless stuff but "covering up" or looking over the shoulder, so there is something left to the imagination. I am a huge fan of corsets and fishnets. I really love vintage-looking stuff like the Vintage Victoria line from VS, I like some stuff from Agent Provocateur - and a lot of girls find really unique stuff at Marshalls and Kohls - basically anything that will make you feel sexy and maybe a little bit like putting on a different character and becoming "a vixen" for those few hours. I also bring things like hats, sunglasses, masquerade masks, etc - stuff that can make you feel transformed and sometimes really helps to kind of let loose and work it for the camera! And of course the hair and makeup is also dramatic and amazing and Michelle makes it so that the makeup coordinates with the colors of the outfits. Oh and as far as colors - I love really vibrant stuff like pinks, blacks, reds, etc - pale colors sometimes look kind of bland.

Blondie25 - just please get in touch with myself or Kamila as I don't want your payment and contract getting lost.

I like the idea of the Dream Hotel.. pics are gorgeous. What do you ladies thing?

Kamila just wrote me again.. and said that the Waldorf is also an option if we want a more "vintage'y" feel.

If you are looking for a more "vintagey" type look, I was just looking at the Waldorf Astoria, rooms are about $200 -

Waldorf=Astoria - Accommodations

Personally, I am a modern clean lines kinda gal (like Dream) but if you all prefer the look of the Waldorf; I am flexible.