What time is/was your Ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Susanandmo

• 698 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

Out of curiosity... We need to make a decision regarding our ceremony time. We are getting married in May and were considering having the ceremony during Sunset, but I'm not sure yet.... I wanna be sure we have enough day light for the pics, but at the same time we don't want to be out when is super hot and we are trying to avoid having the sun in everyone's eyes.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

#2 luckygirl

• 339 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:31 AM

We have the same date! My photographer helped me choose the best time to take advantage of killer sunset pictures. We are starting the ceremony at 6:45 pm and then will have some pics with just the two of us just before sunset and then right at sunset we will head towards the reception area where we will have more sunset pics. This was based on an 8:08 sunset. Check out the times for the sunset for your location, maybe that will help you decide.

#3 MarieSam

• VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

I totally understand your reservations, I too am worried about the heat/sun but want to make sure there is enough light for great photographs! I also want my photographer to take advantage of what she calls "golden light" ~ apparently a period of time time before the sun sets.

I posted this thread a while back ~ it includes a site that will give you weather and sunset comparisons in your area from years past. It's not fool proof, but can give you a general idea of what to expect on your special day!!

#4 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

If you are wanting other photos, not just sunset, some brides will see each other before for pictures. We are starting at 4:30 pm cause we want some real lighted photos, but don't want to see each other before the ceremony. But we will stop and have photos at sunset.

#5 Jenn6603

• 118 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

our ceremony is at 530 - but we are getting married in February... I am hoping that the time works for still being able to take pics after the ceremony as i do not want to see my groom prior to the ceremony...

#6 clmarti1

• 207 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'm getting married in march and we are starting at 6. My WC assures me we will still have enough lighting. I did find this website, hope it helps:
              2009 March Sunrise and Sunset - Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico in Mexico

#7 clmarti1

• 207 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

As far as the link, obviously search the site for the month you are getting married. I saved it for the month I was getting married

#8 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

I am getting married at 5 p.m.

#9 Susanandmo

• 698 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

Thanks so much chicas for all your feedback! I'll be sure to take a look at the sites provided... and I'll check with my photographer as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users