Sign in to follow this  
Susanandmo

What time is/was your Ceremony?

Out of curiosity... We need to make a decision regarding our ceremony time. We are getting married in May and were considering having the ceremony during Sunset, but I'm not sure yet.... I wanna be sure we have enough day light for the pics, but at the same time we don't want to be out when is super hot and we are trying to avoid having the sun in everyone's eyes.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

~Susana

We have the same date! My photographer helped me choose the best time to take advantage of killer sunset pictures. We are starting the ceremony at 6:45 pm and then will have some pics with just the two of us just before sunset and then right at sunset we will head towards the reception area where we will have more sunset pics. This was based on an 8:08 sunset. Check out the times for the sunset for your location, maybe that will help you decide.

I totally understand your reservations, I too am worried about the heat/sun but want to make sure there is enough light for great photographs! I also want my photographer to take advantage of what she calls "golden light" ~ apparently a period of time time before the sun sets. humble.gif

I posted this thread a while back ~ it includes a site that will give you weather and sunset comparisons in your area from years past. It's not fool proof, but can give you a general idea of what to expect on your special day!! msnwink.gif

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t30944

If you are wanting other photos, not just sunset, some brides will see each other before for pictures. We are starting at 4:30 pm cause we want some real lighted photos, but don't want to see each other before the ceremony. But we will stop and have photos at sunset.

our ceremony is at 530 - but we are getting married in February... I am hoping that the time works for still being able to take pics after the ceremony as i do not want to see my groom prior to the ceremony...

:)

Jenn