Photo

Delayed AHR... weird?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ameliamae

ameliamae
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

We are thinking about getting married in December, and have a AHR a few weeks later in Jan. The only problem is, Iowa winters are very unpredictable. So it could be decent weather, or we could have a blizzard. Would it be weird to wait until the summer so we don't have to worry about canceling a reception because of a snowstorm? Or would that be odd to spread it out so much?
    The future Mrs. Sellars!!

#2 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
    • 97 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

I don't think it is wierd, especially when you live "up north" and the weather can be terribly unpredictable. We're getting married this February and having our AHR sometime this summer. I wanted to do it in April or May, but that's even to early, we'll probably still have snow at that time!

I don't think it is too spread out, and I'm sure whoever you'll be inviting will understand why it is so many months away. There are a lot of threads on AHR's and I think a lot of girls wait until the summer months.

#3 ameliamae

ameliamae
      • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by pearlygirl
        I don't think it is wierd, especially when you live "up north" and the weather can be terribly unpredictable. We're getting married this February and having our AHR sometime this summer. I wanted to do it in April or May, but that's even to early, we'll probably still have snow at that time!

I don't think it is too spread out, and I'm sure whoever you'll be inviting will understand why it is so many months away. There are a lot of threads on AHR's and I think a lot of girls wait until the summer months.
        Great, Thanks! lol that makes me feel a little better...
        The future Mrs. Sellars!!

#4 bellalucefoto

bellalucefoto
        • 221 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

My cousin got married in Jamaica in January and didn't have the reception till summer. It was great and summer is easier for people who have to travelt to the reception anyway.

Best wishes,
          Katie

#5 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
          • 1,225 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

We are getting married in October and not having our reception till June for the exact same reason :)

#6 CantWait!

CantWait!
            • Banned
            • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

I am SO relieved you created this post, ameliamae! We have been toying with the idea as well, but for us it is less about weather and more about having time to save up more money for a reception in Chicago. Everything is expensive and such an ordeal. We had pretty much given up on it, but now, I'm thinking we might go ahead with it since it wouldn't be seen negatively. Thank you!!!

#7 kiki317

kiki317
              • 162 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

We getting married in May and having our AHR in July- mainly because i am going to need more time to save of money to pay for it! Do whatever you want to do! that's what i say!

#8 drtracy

drtracy
                • 436 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

We are also getting married in May and having our AHR in July. A nice thing about the 'delay' is that out of town family is able to come to both (my FI's mom lives in Florida). They have time to save up to make both trips. Bonus for us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users