Photo

is anyone not having an AHR???

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 mandalaybay3071

mandalaybay3071
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

The stress of whether to have an at home reception is really getting to me. With the way the economy is going right now I'm so hesitant to spend another $7,000!! I'm thinking of just not having the at home reception. Our wedding in Mexico will be small - we invited 36 people and probably 24 are going to go. We are having an engagement party with about 85 guests invited and then a wedding shower with about 50 people invited so I feel like we are including everyone we love and care about in some way. Is anyone else not having an at home reception and if so, how do you feel about it??

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

I'm not having one and I'm alright about it. It crossed my mind but I just don't feel like dishing out that extra money to pay for it. Both of us have very large families so it was a thought for like a quick second but I can find other things to spend it on. Going into this we knew everyone couldn't make it, but for those who aren't able to make it I'll share the pictures with them.

#3 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
      • 358 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

I am not... and we just chose not to, we are happy with the decision!

#4 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

I'm not either!! Part of our decision making process in determining to have a destination wedding apart from it being my dream wedding; was $$. Having an AHR absolutely defeated that purpose for us and we honestly never even considered having one.

#5 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
          • 1,634 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

We aren't either - we are going to have a private reception in mexico, and feel we don't want to double up. We are only inviting family as well, but we aren't too fussed about everyone else tbh...we can meet up with friends and show them the pictures!

#6 neen

neen
            • 633 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

us too (not having one!)...we will likely have a BBQ at some point in the spring, but i don't consider that an AHR. we invited EVERYONE to our wedding in mexico so i don't think we need to have an AHR just cause they decided not to come.

#7 JoLo908

JoLo908
              • 889 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

We're not having one either... A friend of the family did it after their wedding in DR and they said they wished they didn't because it was an extra $5000... I think the idea of a bbq is fun... definitely!

#8 Sal018

Sal018
                • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

I am having an AHR, nothing fancy at all believe me...it's going to be more of a party than a reception. No dressing up, appetizers only and we would provide beer for a certain time period...I'm estimating cost to be around $1000 for ours for food/drink/location

#9 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,532 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

We're not doing an AHR. I guess we just don't really see the point.

#10 Jen_S

Jen_S
                    • 3,737 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

We decided not to have one from the beginning and we are fine with it and so are the people we invited.
                      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users