Photo

Montreal Travel Agent Advice Please!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MTL Bride

MTL Bride
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

We are in the beginning planning stages, and are looking over the pros and cons of choosing a Travel Agent, a Destination Wedding Planner/Travel service, or going right to the Tour Operators like Sunwing or signature.* Any advice?* Thank you.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

have you thought about contacting TA lindsay. she is our canadian agent and also had a destination wedding so she knows the ins and outs of the planning a destination wedding.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 From snow to sun

From snow to sun
    • 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:09 PM

I am also looking for a Canadian travel agent. I had been in contact with a TA here in Calgary who was looking into rates for me and after not hearing from him for a month found out that he was no longer with the agency. I am getting married at RIU Ocho Rios, Jamaica in MArch 2010 and any recommendations on a good travel agent would be really helpful. I also noticed the name Lindsay mentioned in a previous post. Just inquiring on more information or how to get in contact with her. Thank you for any help that you can provide.

#4 Sweetpea_Mtl

Sweetpea_Mtl
      • 172 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

I've travelled once with Sunwing and never again!
        I'd rather go through a TA than directly to tour operators.

For Montreal brides:
        Since I want a DW in Riviera Maya, and I need someone who speaks French for some of our guests, I've contacted a local TA in Montreal who also happens to be an Event Planner (Group open skies) - Coralie is my contact and she's been to the RM 8 times so she knows the area, weather, best time to travel & resorts well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users