Photo

Why i will not be getting married at the valentin maya

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
  • 582 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

I'm sorry that you went through that - so frustrating. I'm sure you'll find another resort with a much better WC. It will definitely make your planning and wedding a lot more enjoyable to have an accomodating WC helping you!

#12 Danniellou

Danniellou
    • 815 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

That really stinks! But at least you found out how awful they are before you booked your wedding there. It would be far more upsetting if she were that rude to you while planning the actual day with her.

#13 hunnyhun921

hunnyhun921
      • 139 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'm sorry that this has happened to you. I'm glad you found out before hand how terrible they are. No, not all Mexico WC's are like that. I am having a problem with the WC at my resort in Jamaica. I wish I would have found out before hand. I'm sure you will find that perfect resort.

#14 lilone

lilone
        • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

Thankyou all for your concern! You are all right, I am lucky I found out before hand, and now I dont have to deal with them at all! Maybe its a wierd twist of fate, but I just found out yesterday that Im pregnant! So it turns out our destination wedding is being put off for more important things! Lifes funny, and always seems to have things happen for a reason. Either way when it does come time to get married, I will make sure I like the WC first! Good luck to you all.

#15 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Congratulations! Woohoo!

#16 punkie569

punkie569
            • 255 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

Wow, how rude! We stayed at the Princess resort in October and I just showed up at the WC's office and she was more than happy to talk to me. She gave me a folder full of information and told me I could call her anytime during the rest of our stay. We aren't going with that resort(want adults only) but it was nice to have someone to talk to and get my questions answered.

So not all WC's are rude and when you are ready to put your DW back on you'll find someone great at a beautiful resort. Congrats on the baby!
              Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

#17 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
              • 382 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

This posting really made me panic since if you look, I am getting married at the Valentin in June. Here is the run down on the communication I have had with them.
                They have switch WC since I started first Guillermo (a man) and now Lupita (a woman).
                Email-Have not had much luck with this.
                Phone-I have had many conversations on the phone with Lupita. She has been very helpful and after several calls seemed to recognize my voice.

This is my take on the Valentin (it may just be my hope since I am getting married there!) They are still fairly new and may not be used to dealing with Brides yet. Also they have not made there mark in the wedding world so I am guessing that the WC may have other jobs around the hotel.

I do know that in November they had 2 large weddings going on, one was 200+ and the other was around 120.

Anyway, I will be sure to post an extremely detailed review of my experience!

Wish me luck!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users