• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

Hi girls,
    I've probably seen a thread like this somewhere (maybe I wrote it down...don't know LOL).

I would like to know for those of you who are doing legal ceremony in the states but then having non-legal ceremony in Cabo....who are you having to do your wedding (minister, friend, family member.....ect..).
    If you are having a minister are you bringing him/her to Cabo with you or getting them from Cabo?
    I'm searching for a minister to do our non-legal wedding on the beach and don't know who to look for....I've heard and seen in some pictures that Maye (coordinator) does weddings herself or has her husband do this....I'm sorry but I don't want that.

Please help.
    Thanks

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

I am having my uncle (who is a former priest) do our ceremony. It won't be legal, but I wanted him to perform it - I've known that since forever! For us, we want everything to be super personal, I don't want some joe-schmoe up there with us, IMO a family member (even if he's never been ordained before) is such a nice touch. If my uncle couldn't do it I would try to find another family member or friend that would. That's just me though - I know people who didn't really care who it was...
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:42 PM

I'm getting married in the states before, and the minister that I'm using in Cabo is Rev. Scott Parsons. Cabo San Lucas Wedding Minister - Rev. Scott A. Parsons, D.D.

There were a couple of great reviews on here about him and one bad review on here somewhere, where he forgot or got sick for someone's wedding. I haven't had any problems or concerns with him. I met him last august during our trip to cabo and my Fi and i both liked him.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#4 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:14 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
          I'm getting married in the states before, and the minister that I'm using in Cabo is Rev. Scott Parsons. Cabo San Lucas Wedding Minister - Rev. Scott A. Parsons, D.D.

There were a couple of great reviews on here about him and one bad review on here somewhere, where he forgot or got sick for someone's wedding. I haven't had any problems or concerns with him. I met him last august during our trip to cabo and my Fi and i both liked him.
          Thanks Jessalyn

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:47 AM

Before we decided on duing a legal wedding in Cabo we looked into this as well and we were going to hire Scott Parsons. He seems really nice and responded very quickly over email.

#6 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
            • 231 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

There is also another Minister that I know here in Cabo his name is Robin Clements, he has a very nice ceremony, but also he is flexible to work with any other ceremony that you like. here is his email vidaspiritual@hotmail.com

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

we brought our friend to officiate...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users