Vancouver TA Needed!!

TrishB12

Hi everyone! I am in desparate need of the help of an AWESOME travel agent. My fiance and I have been to three separate travel agents, all of which either stopped replying or deleted their email account and left us in the dark! We are located in Surrey, BC so any TA near us would be awesome. I really need the help of someone who is good with contacting us and replying back quickly. We are having our destination wedding on May 3, 2010 at Barcelo Maya and a lot of websites don't have prices posted for that far away. Has anyone been able to get quotes for prices for May 2010 yet? If anyone knows of a really great TA they can recommend, please help!! Thanks!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My FI and I have been trying to get quotes for January 2010 for PV. The first TA we tried gave us quotes for the Riu's, which is over the budget of most of our guests. The second TA gave us a quote for the Decameron, but because the contracts haven't been finalized, the quote is an estimate. I understand that, but the difference between the Riu Jalisco and the Decameron is $140 after taxes for the same week, and the resorts are very different.

We want to go to the Decameron in PV, but we don't want our guests to fork out $1800 after taxes for one week!

I'm beginning to wonder if its worth it to wait until the the air & hotel contracts are finalized.....huh.gif

Hey there ladies,

I too was having difficulties with a 'local' TA. I have family coming from Edmonton/ Toronto and Vancouver! I used to work with a lady in Vancouver that suggested her TA who has had several experiences with Jamaica. From the sounds of it she has been to Jamaica just recently and at the Riu Ocho Rios where we are planning our wedding in April 2010.

We are just in the preliminary stages so we are still waiting from the wholesaler for packages and such.. She is knowledgable, full of energy and answers to your emails! If anyone is interested let me know..She works for Flight center in Vancouver.. Like I said I just contacted her last week but from what I have heard she is great!

Hi I am also from Surrey, BC I just got qoutes back from a TA in North Van for Feb 2010 departing on ethier the 21 or 22. The thing when booking this far in advance you don't know the flight details until they come out. Here is what I got I would appreciate some feed back on what you think of the pricing? Prices are per person and do not included taxes.

Signature Vacations

Barcelo Maya Beach Resort~Hotel Room

Double-$2001.00-if not paid in full by early booking bonus date will increase by$156.00

Triple-$1901.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $141.00

Quad(4)-$1851.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $134.00

Single-$2691.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $257.00

Child (2-12)-1664

Barcelo Maya Tropical-Hotel room

Double-$2178-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $119.00

Triple-$2062-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $108.00

Quad-$2006.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $102.00

Single-$2996.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $194.00

Child (2-12)-$1664.00

Barcelo Maya Palace-Jr. Suite

Double-$2218.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $188.00

Triple-$2099.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $170.00

Single-$3066.00-if not paid in full by ebb date will increase by $313.00

Child (2-12)-$1726.00

Child rate is based on a child in room with 2 or more adults.

These rates include the early booking bonus. In order to receive rates passengers must be paid in full prior to Early Booking Bonus(ebb) date, which will be announced when flight information is released. Packages not paid in full by this date will increase as shown above.

A deposit of $200.00 per person in due at the time that a group contract is issued and returned to Singnature Vacations Signed. The balance is due according to the payment requirements stated on the group agreement.

With a min. of 25 adults: 1 complimentry adult for every 20 booked (21st adult is complimentry), excluding taxes.

Winter 09/10 promaotion- Book ten seats, and they will hold ten seats. Book 10 seats with deposit and hold a max of 10 additional seats on a non-risk basis until September 15 2009.

Signature Vacations also offers Star Class service on their flights with sky service. Benefits include, 35'' seat pitch, priority check in and baggage handling, increased baggae allowance of 30 kg per person, complimentry bar service on board, complimentry headset on southbound flight

Additonal charge for this is $200.00 per person.

Transat Holidays

Barcelo Maya Beach Resort-hotel room

Double-$1922.00

Barcelo Maya Colonial-deluxe room-prestige class

Double-$2128.00

Barcelo Maya Palace-Jr Suite-prestige class

Double-$2308.00

A deposit of $250 per person is due at the time of booking. Balance is due no later than 60 days prior to departure, unless otherwise specified.

1 complimentry passenger for every 20 booked (21st adult is complimentry) Excluding taxes.

Transat does offer club class seating for an additional charge.