Where to purchase Reasonable luggage

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

I got a bunch of sets for my family at kohls last christmas. They have really good sales on luggage. I think i bought samsonite for my parents and American tourister for my bro and sis.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 JoLo908

JoLo908
    • 889 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

I know it's been said before, but definitely Sears!!! They have great deals for luggage sets... and don't get anything too "nice" or epensive... my friend had an expensive suitcase and it ended up getting destroyed on our flight to FL... Sears!!

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

As far as size, I would stick with something medium sized. With the new weight restrictions, you can get a jumbo bag and fill it up but sill have to pay more because it is over weight.

#14 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

Marshalls, Ross, or TJ Maxx always has great prices on really good luggage

#15 FLgator

FLgator
          • 253 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

I just got an email from Macy's today that they are having a luggage closeout sale. Good Luck!

#16 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by tylersgirl
              make sure to get rolling bags!
              Consider what you are taking w/ you. Roller bags are great, but don't get the kind that are complete hard case. I used to work for the airlines and I've packed hundreds of airline pits, so the ones that are a real hard case all around don't stack well so they get put on top and they slide easily when put on their sides, so they get tossed everywhere in the pit cause they slide all over.

If you get the regular rolling bags, get ones that you will actually fill up, cause if you put lotion, hair spray, gel, etc in them and then don't fill them up they can get squished. Heavy bags are mixed in w/ regular weight, so if its it not full and you have lots of liquid, a heavy bag can get thrown on top which will sink in and smoosh your stuff, and ruin the supports of the bag.

I usually check a medium size bag full of clothes, etc. And then the smaller duffels w/ rollers to pack my toiletry stuff cause the duffles are put on top in the pit.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JoLo908
              I know it's been said before, but definitely Sears!!! They have great deals for luggage sets... and don't get anything too "nice" or epensive... my friend had an expensive suitcase and it ended up getting destroyed on our flight to FL... Sears!!
              I have nice DVF bags, and really the only suggestion I have for bags being "destoyed" is getting dark colored bags, or ones that easily clean. The airline does not cover broken handles, or wheels, other than that if you take it to the airline they will reimburse you.

#17 bumbles

bumbles
              • 574 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

A friend really likes this site Luggage Online - Over 100 brands of luggage, suitcases, briefcases, carry-ons and travel accessories. I haven't purchased from them before. I found a really good deal for a carry-on at Marshalls though!

#18 mimosa123

mimosa123
                • 153 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Fanny
                  A friend really likes this site Luggage Online - Over 100 brands of luggage, suitcases, briefcases, carry-ons and travel accessories. I haven't purchased from them before. I found a really good deal for a carry-on at Marshalls though!
                  I like this website... thanks. I was able to search by "7-14 day trip" to give me the right size. Now i have some solid comparison shopping to do .

#19 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

I always see nice luggae at Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users