Photo

Anyone order totes from Oriental Trading?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy621

Kristy621
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

Christinamaria22 and I were looking at the totes on Oriental Trading the large hibiscus ones.. I have read reviews on the site that other styles of totes came to customers smelling of mildew... Has anyone had experience with them? and if so did they smell or no, don't want to let a couple bad reviews ruin a cute bag if they were one off situations... Help us ladies!
    53 People Booked!

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

I used them for my OOT bags and they were great. I don't recall any sort of odor.

#3 happygilmore

happygilmore
      • 576 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

we got those and mind you I haven't opened all the packages yet but the ones we did they didn't smell! Plus I think if you got them and they did smell you could call customer service and do a return. I say go for it!

#4 Kristy621

Kristy621
        • 102 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

Awesome news! How do they look? and are they big enough?
          53 People Booked!

#5 happygilmore

happygilmore
          • 576 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

I personally think they look great and you get a bunch of colors. Ours fits:

2 towels (not the super thick but will do)
            2 travel mugs
            1 first aid/hangover kit
            1 bottle of bug wipes
            1 travel candle
            2-3 squishy balls to play with in the pool
            1 Welcome book
            and maybe some other stuff..I haven't looked in the "trial" bag I made in awhile but it all fits and isn't jammed in there...I was actually thinking I hsould add some more so it didn't look empty!

#6 Kristy621

Kristy621
            • 102 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

That was my concern... I don't want the bags to look empty but I don't want them to be to small either... UGGH
              53 People Booked!

#7 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
              • 358 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Great news........... so the quality is pretty reasonable as well?? Happygilmore if you dont mind where did u find your towels?

Thanks for you help Ladys and thanks Kristy for posting the thread........ I think if nothing better comes up I will go for it!

#8 happygilmore

happygilmore
                • 576 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Besides the towels all the stuff I posted filled the bottom of the bag...I guess I just have the mentality that more is better but your guests are going to be happy and not think "god this bag is empty! plus I think the size is good so they can bring it to the pool with stuff they'll need for the day.

As for the towels, my mom got me those at the end of the summer from the Christmas Tree shop...if you have one of those around you I recommend checking it out...I got my bug wipes there, my travel mugs, my towels, ohhh nail kit(tweezers, file and clippers). They were about 1.99 each and my mom couddln't talk them down from that...like I said they aren't the super thick lush type but they'll do so our guest don't have to fight for towels at the resort, they can just bring their own.

#9 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
                  • 358 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

Thanks I do have one like an hour from me... I will check it out!

#10 merocket59

merocket59
                    • 937 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

yuck a mildew smell would be terrible but I agree that you would most likely be able to return them without a problem, Can't wait to see all these OOT bags done :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users