Help: Don't know what gift to give FH on wedding day????

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 klopez

• 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Ok, I have been trying so hard to brainstorm ideas for gifts to give my FH on our wedding day and I simply can't come up with anything!!!! I know, terrible! The problem is he doesn't wear any jewellery/watches and then I was going to surprise him by buying our honeymoon but we ended up planning that together. I really don't know what the heck to get him...I never even got him an engagement gift because I wanted to get him something meaningful but I'm at a loss here...any ideas?

#2 teacherbride

• 354 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

I know many of the girls here (including myself)have made boudoir books of themselves for their FH's.

I'm also giving mine a guitar that he's had his eye on for a long time.

#3 klopez

• 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

boudoir books...no idea what that is haha

#4 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

Its a sexy book of pics of you for your hubby.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#5 klopez

• 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

hmmm...that would prob take too much time for me to pull together at this point. he's got a broken leg and i've been driving him around everywhere so he is always with me....we have less than 2 weeks to go.

any other ideas

#6 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

I just bought FI a pipe for Christmas and you would have thought he was 5 and I bought him a pony. So if he enjoys cigars, you could get him a humidor or a nice pipe. My FI was into cigars but is now in love with the pipe. And...I hate smoking haha..I'm such a good FI!!

#7 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

I think that if you do the research, you could def get the BD pics done. Find a photog who will give you a CD quickly, then you could even make your own book on snapfish or shutterfly.

#8 zethers

• 135 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

My FI has always wanted a sexy potrait of me, and I always tell him that once were married I would give him one. So for his present, I'm having a local artist, found on craigslist, do a potrait for me, based off a picture, which still needs to be taken. I know he'll love it, and it's something totally personally.

#9 BachataBride

• Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

What about a pair of designer sunglasses?? That is what FI and I are thinking about for each other?? Or I gave FI an engraved liquor decanter & matching highball glasses for Christmas...or what about something he would like to try doing...ie, I gave FI a flying lesson for his 30th bday (keep in mind Xmas, Bday & wedding all in one month!! LOL) I really had to dig deep to come up with 3 great gift ideas!!! Anyway...you can look on Perfect Day Experiences | Gift Ideas | Birthday Gifts | Christmas Gift Ideas | Xmas Gifts | Experience Vouchers. This is where I found the flying lesson - it is for experiences all over Canada.

#10 klopez

• 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

thanks for all the ideas ladies. i've been searching the net and came up with this idea that i think is really fitting for us....let me know what you think...i'm so excited i wanna cry....i hope i can get it done.

so, i always hated x-mas (mostly cuz I never felt like I was sharing it with the right person)...but then he came along and we got engaged x-mas morning (our 1st one together!!!) needless to say, it was the best x-mas ever...not just b/c of the engagement but also b/c i finally felt like i was with the right person.

anyways, i had bought a small x-mas tree for him to put up in his room cuz his parents don't put one up (he's still at home) and i wanted to get that holiday spirit going on. we started buying each other x-mas ornaments so i was thinking....i could get him a really nice ornament for our 1st xmas together as Mr. & Mrs.!!!! My friend went down to niagara-on-the-lake and said there is a place that "engraves" x-mas ornaments. They pretty much just hand paint whatever you want on it. I was thinking I could do that and also make a small album of pics of us, and include those of the x-mas we got engaged...he took pics of me reading my card and everything!

sounds cheesy but i think it would be perfect for us...we both love our x-mas together!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users