Jump to content

Photo

Ana y Jose Tulum Brides Post Here


  • Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#91 Afreeman21

Afreeman21
  • Newbie
  • 22 posts

    Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

    Hey Sarah-

    I'll take the pink votive lanterns and led candles. Send me your address and I'll mail you a check. Good Luck and be sure to post your pics when you get back.

    Ashley

    #92 dbarnes

    dbarnes
    • Newbie
    • 18 posts

      Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

      Hello Any y Jose brides. I sent an e-mail to Ana y Jose about two weeks ago through their website. I am interested in booking my wedding at their beach club but I haven't heard back from them in about 2 weeks. Could someone just confirm with me what is the best way to contact them? And do you have their e-mail addy. Thanks so much.

      #93 mrsscottyb

      mrsscottyb
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by dbarnes
        Hello Any y Jose brides. I sent an e-mail to Ana y Jose about two weeks ago through their website. I am interested in booking my wedding at their beach club but I haven't heard back from them in about 2 weeks. Could someone just confirm with me what is the best way to contact them? And do you have their e-mail addy. Thanks so much.

        Hi D ~

        The best way to reach Jackie, the wedding coordinator @ AyJ, is through her e-mail "anillaxo@yahoo.com.mx". It will take Jackie about a week to respond. I am getting married there on 05/15/09, and when I e-mail her, it usually takes her that long to respond. To get your research started, ask her to send you a menu and copy of the contract so you can review them. This website and thread is a great source of information, so use it as much as you can.

        I hope you hear back from Jackie soon.
        ~Amber~

        #94 dbarnes

        dbarnes
        • Newbie
        • 18 posts

          Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

          Thanks for the info. I received an e-mail fom them a few days ago. Unfortunately, the beach club ais not vailable for the date that we have chosen. I'm very sad, and not sure what to do. I really had my heart set on this location. And my fiance had his heart set on the date. Sigh.

          #95 San Fran Sarah

          San Fran Sarah
          • Jr. Member
          • 173 posts

            Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

            Hi All,
            Our wedding was fantastic--even more amazing that I could have hoped! I am sooooo glad that we chose Ana y Jose. Jackie, Claudia and Franklin exceeded our expectations. They took care of everything from the food to the decor. I will post a review and pics when I have them.
            If I had to do anything differently it would actually be to not hire outside vendors. I used Ajua music because they were so much cheaper but the guitarist arrived late and played the wrong songs and the mariachi was great but arrived only seconds before they were supposed to play. In retrospect, I think it would be worth the extra money to use the company that works with the beach club so that Jackie would arrange and take care of everything.
            Also I would have asked someone (the Bestman or the DJ) to keep the group on schedule. While we were taking pictures everyone was just watching us on the beach and no one told them to move to the cocktail area and then to sit for dinner. It would be best, in retrospect, to have someone else in charge of that.
            All in all everything was pretty much perfect and all our guests had an amazing time. The lobster was AMAZING. We did the dinner and dancing under the palaypa. They haven't opened for dinner yet so it was private after all without paying the extra fee. It was too windy to eat under the grape trees as well so I am glad that worked out so well. We did the open tab instead of open bar. I think we spent a few hundred more because we were doing shots so the open bar is a good deal if your group drinks as much as ours but it will probably be similar either way. The cake was really tasty and pretty from Turtle Bay.
            Let me know if you have any more questions and I will post pics soon.

            #96 lisa_k

            lisa_k
            • Newbie
            • 113 posts

              Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

              Hi All,
              I am new to the forum...mrsscottyb actually referred me to it when I ran into her in Tulum. (Thank you!) My fiance and I were in Tulum on vacation and checked out Ana y Jose and loved it, so we booked it for our wedding next year. I'm very excited and am glad I found the forum. I'm sure this will be a great source of information!

              #97 mrsscottyb

              mrsscottyb
              • Newbie
              • 41 posts

                Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by San Fran Sarah
                Hi All,
                Our wedding was fantastic--even more amazing that I could have hoped! I am sooooo glad that we chose Ana y Jose. Jackie, Claudia and Franklin exceeded our expectations. They took care of everything from the food to the decor. I will post a review and pics when I have them.
                If I had to do anything differently it would actually be to not hire outside vendors. I used Ajua music because they were so much cheaper but the guitarist arrived late and played the wrong songs and the mariachi was great but arrived only seconds before they were supposed to play. In retrospect, I think it would be worth the extra money to use the company that works with the beach club so that Jackie would arrange and take care of everything.
                Also I would have asked someone (the Bestman or the DJ) to keep the group on schedule. While we were taking pictures everyone was just watching us on the beach and no one told them to move to the cocktail area and then to sit for dinner. It would be best, in retrospect, to have someone else in charge of that.

                All in all everything was pretty much perfect and all our guests had an amazing time. The lobster was AMAZING. We did the dinner and dancing under the palaypa. They haven't opened for dinner yet so it was private after all without paying the extra fee. It was too windy to eat under the grape trees as well so I am glad that worked out so well. We did the open tab instead of open bar. I think we spent a few hundred more because we were doing shots so the open bar is a good deal if your group drinks as much as ours but it will probably be similar either way. The cake was really tasty and pretty from Turtle Bay.
                Let me know if you have any more questions and I will post pics soon.

                CONGRATS SARAH!!! I hope your enjoying married life so far.

                I was so glad to hear that everything went so well. I am getting married in a few weeks and am wondering where you had the ceremony since there has been so much beach erosion at AyJ. We are thinking of getting married under the "crooked" palm tree up 60 yards up the beach from the "bent" palm tree. Thanks for the suggestion of having the DJ keep everything on schedule. I thought that's what the wedding coordinator was supposed to do! Looking forward to seeing your photos.
                ~Amber~

                #98 mrsscottyb

                mrsscottyb
                • Newbie
                • 41 posts

                  Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lisa_k
                  Hi All,
                  I am new to the forum...mrsscottyb actually referred me to it when I ran into her in Tulum. (Thank you!) My fiance and I were in Tulum on vacation and checked out Ana y Jose and loved it, so we booked it for our wedding next year. I'm very excited and am glad I found the forum. I'm sure this will be a great source of information!

                  WELCOME TO THE FORUM LISA!!!

                  Congrats on booking your wedding at AyJ. I'm sure you're going to find this website very resourceful. I use it almost everyday and have found so many great ideas, websites and vendors. Best of luck to you in your planning.
                  ~Amber~

                  #99 San Fran Sarah

                  San Fran Sarah
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 173 posts

                    Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

                    Hey Amber,
                    It never really occurred to me to have the ceremony anywhere else so I just still had it by the bent palm (in between the bent palm and the beach club). In the pics you can see the beach club and the cocktail area as we are walking down the aisle. I will post my review and pro pics soon but here is a non-pro pic of the ceremony
                    Sarah
                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    #100 stephdel

                    stephdel
                    • Newbie
                    • 10 posts

                      Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

                      hi
                      i was wondering if any of you is using white/sheer fabric for decoration? If you are i wanted to know if we could share the cost of it.
                      i wanted to use it under the palapa, all around and falling from the roof, and also on the huppa. Anyone interested?

                      Sara, i would love to see some of your pictures!

                      thanks




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users