Ana y Jose Tulum Brides Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin1976 View Post
How many of you are going to have a legally binding ceremony at AnaY? We are still trying to figure that out too.
Kristin- We were planning on a symbolic ceremony. I'm not sure what the other state laws are, but in Colorado we can pickup our wedding license and sign whenever we want too. We don't even have to have witnesses. I'm going to get the doc's before I leave for Mexico, and sign them for our wedding date when we get back. I don't want to have to worry about lugging them around on our honeymoon etc while we're there.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdel View Post
i think i will do open bar for an hour during the reception, then for diner we will have wine (that we will buy from them) and champagne (that we are buying)...by the way there is a supermarket in playa that has veuve cliquot champagne and moet for $30, it still is cheaper to buy it outside AyJ because their corkage fee for champagne bottle is $50...their bottles of champagne are $120 so $30+$50= $80, still cheaper than their bar.
Jackie told me that in order to keep the place open after 11pm, i have to get the open bar $13 an hour/per person or they will close it down...so i guess we will have to.
I'm pretty sure you won't be allowed to bring in any alcohol. In my contract, it says no outside food or beverage...in red.

I'm going for a pina colada toast. It's included in the $13/hr bar, and what the hell.. I'm getting married in Mexico, so why not do something a little different. I had a couple when visited, and they're VERY good.

Hi Ladies--

Sandy do you think if we are just having a friend officiate (not paying them and not doing a legal ceremony) that we still need a work permit?

The grape tree area is definitely open all year and not considered "beach". You should know that if you choose the palaypa and you don't pay the 4000 "private event fee" that there will likely be other diners in the same area as you-- its just one big open rectangle. However, I'm not sure if they have opened for dinner yet. Does anyone know if they are opened yet?

We are likely going to switch to Zamas for welcome dinner now. I'm getting married April 4th and I would love to share tree decor with one or more people!

i asked jackie if a friend could marry us and she said that he needed a work permit which you can get if you stay a month in mexico, the whole explanation that jackie gave me was so vague and scary, i decided not to have my friend marry us...she said they would be fine if they do it illegally!

she obviously try to push her guy...will do some research about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by charps View Post
I'm pretty sure you won't be allowed to bring in any alcohol. In my contract, it says no outside food or beverage...in red.

I'm going for a pina colada toast. It's included in the $13/hr bar, and what the hell.. I'm getting married in Mexico, so why not do something a little different. I had a couple when visited, and they're VERY good.
This is really weird because she sent me the corkage fee for bottles i would buy outside...

I think a pina colada toast is a great idea.

What's wierd is she told me the only thing you don't have to pay an outside vendor fee for is the officiant because it is such a personal decision. But I guess she is giving you other hoops to jump through for that one.

We are getting married here before we go to Mexico because my fiance was born in Vietnam and I can't figure out how to get the apostille for his birth certificate. I also wasn't too excited about having my blood drawn in Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeier View Post
Hello

I love the idea about sharing the cost on decorations.
Who is getting married in March? let me know and we can arrange to speak

Sandy
Hi Sandy,
Just joined the forum and am loving all the tips!! Myself and Chris are getting married at the beach club on March 18th 09. Would luv to share costs of decs with ya and any info i pick up.
Im guessing most of you guys are more organized than me, im trying to pull this together at short notice, my guests are all staying in playa and they are coming from uk and ireland...so no pressure!

Look forward to hearing from you

Jacqueline

Hi guys...I am as of right now getting married at the Azul Sensatori, however I am in a panic as there have been maybe three good reviews I know it is a new hotel but I want my day to be wonderful. I was wondering if you guys could give me a ball park est of what it is costing for your wedding and rec. at the beach club? ANY help would be great!

Hello

It doesn't matter if the ceremony is legal, Jackie said it is a new Mexican law that requires a work permit.

She isn't willing to budge because of some fine. However, she can't provide any information on how to get this. I'm researching further this week, she said it takes 40 working days to process, so timing it tight for me!

Thanks for the DJ! He is 1/2 of what Jackie quoted even with the outside vendor fee.

I've been working with Susan from Zamas, she is extremely helpful. I highly recommend the welcome dinner at Zamas. Arrange a call, she is located in San Fran

I'm paying 5K for a 5-6 hour party. live band, open bar ect.. I customized the menu (this might be cheaper then what was said above)

For the person who asked about the fee at Ana y Jose. It depends on what you want. It is more expensive then I thought, but it is a beautiful location.

How many people? My menu is around $65 per person, the drinks are what kill the budget.

Sandy

Hi Jacqueline

When are you going to Tulum? I'm trying to decide to buy and ship or shop when I'm down there.

I'm thinking I might do the shells and hurricanes on the table.

There is a photo on Jackie's website, with the brown table cloth.

I want a little more though for the cocktail tables, around the bar etc..

I'm up for arranging something together. thoughts?

Sandy