Ana y Jose Tulum Brides Post Here

Hi Sandy ~

I am getting married at AyJ on 05/15/09. I also wanted to use the shells and hurricane lamps that Jackie has posted on her website. I wasn't sure when you were getting married, but if it's close to my date, then maybe we could split the cost somehow.

My florist is Vanessa Jaimes. I was going to ask her for pricing on the centerpieces we like.

Let me know if you wedding date is close to mine and if you're interested in somehow sharing the costs.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Jack & Coke ~

Congrats on your wedding!

I must first say that I love your avatar name...how cute. Don't stress too much feeling like you're not organized. I know that when I first found this forum and starting reading all of the threads/posts, I felt so overwhelmed and behind schedule. Everything will fall into place somehow so don't sweat it.

Hi (again) Ana y Jose friends. I emailed jackie re: officiant and she got right back to me saying this: "there is a new law that allows only professional officiants for ceremonies (with or without a pay) that also have a legal working permit to officiate in Mexico. This is a new law and there is not much information on how to get the permit etc, and it is changing a lot of plans for many of our future brides, so we will still allow anyone you want to marry you, no problem" Whew. . . . . . .

I have a bit of a personal question that I am hoping some of you might answer, especially those brides that were married at AyJ. I am curious what people have estimated their ceremony/reception to cost (everything included -food, drinks, furniture rental, music, etc.). I have been in contact with Jackie numerous times trying to get an idea of what everything is going to add up to and I feel like each time I talk to her, tthat number keeps rising. I have $12000 set aside for for ceremony/reception (does not include photography) but I don't think that this will cover it for 50 guests. Any thoughts from previous AyJ brides??

We actually have a site visit/inspection scheduled with her this weekend. I will let you all know how that goes. But I agree with previous posts a/b the crazy fees for outside vendors, let alone to rent the microphone for the ceremony costs $200?! and $100 for every hour after?? I just don't get where they get these numbers. Who ever said that having a destination wedding was cheaper and stress free was lying!

Hello

Jackie told me something different regarding the officiant. She said a permit is needed, she isn't sure how to get it, but most likely the person needs to stay in mexico for 40 days. The work around is to hire someone for $600, they don't need to speak just be there so AyJ doesn't get fined. She won't tell me the fine, if we get caught...

Also, now she is saying the outside vendor fee is $200 plus $150 per hour... this isnt' in my contract...

Anyone else hear something different?

The person meeting Jackie this weekend, can you ask her these questions?

As for the budget question, I'm around 12K as well. I don't mind sending my budget if you give me your email

Sandy

Hi again ladies,

Its seems we still haven't definitively figured out how much the outside vendor fee is and which vendors it applies to. I am waiting to arrange my cake from one of the bakeries posted here : http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t7891 until I figure out how much that will be. The food was pretty good at our tasting but the cake was not great. I guess that when we book a vendor, such as a cake or musician, through Jackie she must charge us more than she pays.

For those of you wondering what reception will look like under the grape trees there are some pics on Trip Advisor and also here: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t26115

I would just like to second that Susan from Zamas has been great to deal with. We canceled our hotel block and welcome dinner at Blue Tulum and switched to Zamas. The taco dinner is $30 per person and w/ a few drinks/gratuity/tax it is still only like $50 per person. Susan has responded to my emails right away.

Hello everyone,

I'm another Sara from SF looking at getting married in Tulum in 2010. My fiance and I have been to Tulum twice...we just recently went to research for potential wedding sites and stayed at A&J. All of the information in this forum has been a great help.

We are looking at Ocho Tulum and Ana y Jose for the wedding and have the price lists from both but we are now realizing that getting married in Mexico is not cheaper than California anymore. I cannot believe how much these hotels charge for open bar as most I've seen in the US are flat per person rates of between $15-30 (not $20 per person per hour)! I'm also worried about hidden costs as it seems the quotes seem to get bigger and bigger.

Any suggestion, info etc anyone has would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone has any questions about great places to eat/stay in Tulum let me know as we did a lot of hands-on research recently.

Cheers,

Sara

Hi Sandy,

that sounds great, i was thinking of keeping it simple, maybe hurricane lamps and flowers or shells for dinner table and maybe some of those hanging tree lights for under the grape trees for later in the evening.

We arrive on the 11th so have a week to sort our shizzle out!!

Jacqueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack & Coke View Post
Hi Amber
Thanks for the vote of confidence, need all the help i can get right now!
Are you using DJ Bob for your reception?

Jacqueline
Hi Jacqueline ~

Yes, I am using DJ Bob for the reception. There is a thread on this forum for DJ Bob under RM Vendors or you can go to Page Title and he has a link on there. His prices are very reasonable. He's easy to work with and is from the States, so there's no language barrier. He also responds quickly to e-mails.

A word of caution if you chose to have your reception at Ana y Jose....there is an outside vendor fee if you don't use their vendors. I was told it's $100 per hour for the outside DJ, but other brides on here have been told $200 per hour! It's best to check with Jackie @ Ana y Jose for this.

Hope this helps.