• 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:14 PM

Can someone rank the following resorts in order of highest to lowest price:
    Majestic Colonial, Dreams, Paradisus Palma, and Paradisus punta Cana

#2 KHarrod

KHarrod
    • 902 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

I think Dreams is very reasonable and the cheapest of the resorts that you listed. Its beautiful and you will get alot more there without having to pay for all of the extras. I'm from DC too, so welcome and congrats. I really like Majestic Colonial but they are really pricey.

#3 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
      • 358 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

Well from experience, I looked at all of these resorts and I chose the majestic elegance because it was the lowest price........... Some resorts offer a "free Wedding" but when I added up th extras i wanted Majestic was still the best priced!

#4 laybar

laybar
        • 249 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

paradisus palma real is the most expensive.. then paradisus punta cana.. dreams is below this.. not sure about majestic colonial though

#5 mimosa123

mimosa123
          • 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

Thanks everyone! I didn't think about checking out the Majestic Excellence.

KHarrod- I'm leaning towards Dreams Punta Cana as well.. have they been helpful to you?

laybar- I would love to transfer to one of the Paradisis resorts after the wedding

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

I think it really depends if you can get a special group rate or deal from your ta or the resort. when i was looking Palma Real was the most expensive but than we ended up getting a sales special through our TA, i think it was just lucky timing. So it ended up being better or just as much as some of the other resort you mentioned. When i was looking the Majestic Colonial was the lowest priced resort. I dont think the Majestic Elegance was even open then.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 mimosa123

mimosa123
              • 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                I think it really depends if you can get a special group rate or deal from your ta or the resort. when i was looking Palma Real was the most expensive but than we ended up getting a sales special through our TA, i think it was just lucky timing. So it ended up being better or just as much as some of the other resort you mentioned. When i was looking the Majestic Colonial was the lowest priced resort. I dont think the Majestic Elegance was even open then.
                Would you suggest the TA that you used?

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Yeah I would. I was friends with my TA before i booked with her. So i had no probs with her at all. There are some good TA's on the forum too if your shopping around for one.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 laybar

laybar
                  • 249 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

laybar- I would love to transfer to one of the Paradisis resorts after the wedding[/QUOTE]

Paradisus Palma Real would be the ideal one then! ;-)

#10 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

I researched all of them and found Dreams to be the most cost effective for me and my guests. My TA got everyone a great rate; so I would def recommend finding a TA (there are some great ones on here) and having them help you do cost comparisons, etc..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users