Honeymoon at Dreams

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Natashak

• 93 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

We are thinking of switching resorts for our honeymoon. However we are not sure if we want to book the junior suite or the honeymoon suit. They seem to be really similar. For those of you who have stayed, do you have any suggestions?

#2 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

Sorry to hijack, but Natasha, we're arriving at the Riu Palace on Oct 19/09! Looks like we're *just* going to miss you!

#3 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:26 PM

I think if you book the junior suite and let them know it is your honeymoon they may upgrade you. I haven't seen either but I've heard of this happening a lot - especially if booked with a TA that the resort does a lot of business with

#4 Glamourina

• 198 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

From what I remember from the site visit, the only difference between the junior suite and the honeymoon one, was that the honeymoon suite had a dining table and kitchenette area and a slightly better terrace view, in addition to the lounge area and canopy bed which the junior suite provides

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

the junior suite is just that...a junior suite with a living area and kitchenette...the honeymoon suites are one bedroom suites..sometimes they even have 2 full bathrooms.

i book alot with dreams cabo and go every year for a site visit...if there is an upgrade available, my guests usually get it.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:52 AM

We were upgraded to the honeymoon suite after booking our room block through Tammy. It was soo nice. But either way, all of their rooms are really nice- it's just basically if you care if you have your bed in a different room or not.

By the way, having stayed at Dreams and Riu, I'd definitely recommend Dreams for your HM. It's sooo laid back, quiet, and relaxing compared to the Riu Palace. I'd definitely go that route...

#7 Natashak

• 93 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

Oh I don't know what to do now. I want the honeymoon suite but if I can get it for the price of the suite I would rather that. : (

#8 blondie25

• 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

WE booked the honeymoon suite becaus we r not going anywere else for the honeymoon extra 50 a night does not make a big difference when it is your wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users