Sign in to follow this  
Jenn6603

Veil length for short girls!

Hi Ladies,

I am relatively short (5' 1") and am trying to decide on a veil... I have long hair that I will be wearing down (just pulled back at the front/sides)...

I am curious as to what length of veil others are wearing... I was thinking either just below the shoulders or maybe elbow (close to waist) length. I am sure that I cannot go for something layered as it would overwhelm my size but I do want something!

What are you other "vertically" challenged girls doing?

Thanks!

Jenn

I'm 5' 2" and I'm planning on wearing a one layer fingertip veil with my hair half up. Just something simple because my dress is all lace. :)

I wore what I think was an elbow length veil.... I'm 5'2 on a good day.. it was more than long enough for me without feeling I was engulfed in tule and mine was low on my head Since your wearing your hair half up and the veil would be higher towards the top, I would maybe think fingertip... Prob the best bet is just try on a few with your hair in the idea of what you want... this way you can get the full effect without worrying you made the right choice.

I wore a cathedral lenth, single layer veil that was made by my seamstress (a DIY project that I decided I didn't have time for.) It was 108" long and 108" wide at the bottom and tapered to 56" at the top,then it was gathered into a comb and stuck into my hairdo. I absolutely loved the veil. It was simple and perfect and didn't overpower my gown. I think that's more what you have to think about. What looks good with your gown? Have you sampled some?

I would try some on with your gown and your hair just pulled back on the side to see what looks best on you.

IMHO, there is not a right or wrong legnth for a veil whether you are tall or short. It just depends upon what looks best with your look and what look you are going for..

Experiment and have fun with it...

I'm 5'1 and small framed. I've also been wondering which length veil will maximize my "vertical appearance". cheesy.gif

My dress is beaded lace, strapless, slim A-line. I am thinking of wearing a simple, one-layered, waist-length veil. My mom on the other hand loves the one-layer, cathedral length look because it looks elegant and you can still see all the detail of the back of the dress through the veil. I suppose it could have an elongated effect with the right dress.

I pick my dress up on Saturday so I can finally try different veils on with my real dress!

I'm 5'0 and my dress is a strapless lace slim a-line. I'm planning on wearing a one layer elbow length only because I don't want anything to overpower the lace on my dress

5'2" here...I thought I was going to go with a fingertip length one with hair in an updo, but when I tried the different lengths on with my dress I was surprised that the floor length one looked best on me. I say try a few different lengths on and see what looks best.

i did one layer elbow length, and am 5'. i wore it at the bottom of my updo, so it was closer to fingertip. definitely try them on w/ your dress and hair style to make a decision.

Mine is around elbow length. I do agree though try some on with your dress and see how it looks. There's not really a "right length" veil when it comes to the drastic designs of wedding dresses these days!!