Veil length for short girls!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn6603

• 118 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am relatively short (5' 1") and am trying to decide on a veil... I have long hair that I will be wearing down (just pulled back at the front/sides)...

I am curious as to what length of veil others are wearing... I was thinking either just below the shoulders or maybe elbow (close to waist) length. I am sure that I cannot go for something layered as it would overwhelm my size but I do want something!

What are you other "vertically" challenged girls doing?

#2 ida

• 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

I'm 5' 2" and I'm planning on wearing a one layer fingertip veil with my hair half up. Just something simple because my dress is all lace. :)

#3 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

I wore what I think was an elbow length veil.... I'm 5'2 on a good day.. it was more than long enough for me without feeling I was engulfed in tule and mine was low on my head Since your wearing your hair half up and the veil would be higher towards the top, I would maybe think fingertip... Prob the best bet is just try on a few with your hair in the idea of what you want... this way you can get the full effect without worrying you made the right choice.

#4 boscobel

• VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

I wore a cathedral lenth, single layer veil that was made by my seamstress (a DIY project that I decided I didn't have time for.) It was 108" long and 108" wide at the bottom and tapered to 56" at the top,then it was gathered into a comb and stuck into my hairdo. I absolutely loved the veil. It was simple and perfect and didn't overpower my gown. I think that's more what you have to think about. What looks good with your gown? Have you sampled some?

#5 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

I would try some on with your gown and your hair just pulled back on the side to see what looks best on you.
            IMHO, there is not a right or wrong legnth for a veil whether you are tall or short. It just depends upon what looks best with your look and what look you are going for..
            Experiment and have fun with it...

#6 Mystic

• 254 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

I'm 5'1 and small framed. I've also been wondering which length veil will maximize my "vertical appearance".

My dress is beaded lace, strapless, slim A-line. I am thinking of wearing a simple, one-layered, waist-length veil. My mom on the other hand loves the one-layer, cathedral length look because it looks elegant and you can still see all the detail of the back of the dress through the veil. I suppose it could have an elongated effect with the right dress.

I pick my dress up on Saturday so I can finally try different veils on with my real dress!

#7 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

I'm 5'0 and my dress is a strapless lace slim a-line. I'm planning on wearing a one layer elbow length only because I don't want anything to overpower the lace on my dress

#8 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

5'2" here...I thought I was going to go with a fingertip length one with hair in an updo, but when I tried the different lengths on with my dress I was surprised that the floor length one looked best on me. I say try a few different lengths on and see what looks best.

#9 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

i did one layer elbow length, and am 5'. i wore it at the bottom of my updo, so it was closer to fingertip. definitely try them on w/ your dress and hair style to make a decision.

#10 Cattie

• 594 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

Mine is around elbow length. I do agree though try some on with your dress and see how it looks. There's not really a "right length" veil when it comes to the drastic designs of wedding dresses these days!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users