Photo

Palace Resorts - outside photographer?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 rach220

rach220
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

Ok, so I had heard that certain resorts don't allow outside vendors, but I asked my WC and she said it wasn't a problem. She said the only fee would be to purchase a day pass ($85) for the photographer since they are not a guest of the resort.
    Well I just booked my photographer (yay!) and was of course all psyched about it...and then got an email from another photographer (I had made inquiries at several companies and she was just getting back to me) saying that my resort does not allow outside photographers.
    Did my WC give me misinformation? Just wondering what anyone else has done and if this is true?

Married July 16, 2009
    Aventura Cove Palace Resort
    Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#2 ohiobride15

ohiobride15
    • 156 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

Im getting married at the same hotel as you and she told me it was fine as well. I talked to two people to confirm it. I just have to purchase a guest pass like you said.

#3 MarieSam

MarieSam
      • VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:37 AM

If your WC says it's fine, then I say go with that. You should definitely get it in writing though (email perhaps?) so if any problems arise, then you can whip out your confirmation from her. Is she a WC at the hotel or an outside coordinator??

#4 rach220

rach220
        • 532 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:43 AM

No, she is at the hotel...I will definitely get it in writing (I will probably print ALL my emails before I go anyway)
          Thanks guys!

Married July 16, 2009
          Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#5 ohiobride15

ohiobride15
          • 156 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

No problem. Who did you end up booking?

#6 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
            • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

I think mp used to be really strict with outside photographers - as I know you can bring your own photographer as long as they are a "guest" at the hotel - ie they have a guest pass....but when i have contacted photographers for prices, I have been told the same as you a few times, so it must have been a rule back in the day - defo not - there are plenty of mp brides on here who have used outside vendors - don't worry! :)

so who have you booked lady?

#7 rach220

rach220
              • 532 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

I booked Misti from expressionsbymisti.com! She had put a post up on the forum a few days ago for a free package (just pay airfare and 3 nights hotel...look here)...but her regular destination package is really reasonable too...check out mistiabner.com)
                Another bride on the forum booked her for a few days after me so we are able to split her airfare and it's going to be even cheaper! Her pics are great...I couldn't believe I didn't come across her before...I'm sooo excited, and it's another thing to check off my (very short) list of things I've done!

Married July 16, 2009
                Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#8 nibsmom

nibsmom
                • 564 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hey Rachel! YAY for splitting airfare! I totally got a few really rude responses from a few photographers about the no outside photographers policy. A few even told me they banned mexican photographers specifically. When I got the whole "didn't you look into that?" question, I was like...I guess you don't want my business that bad! RUDE! I didn't even bother to respond to correct them. Whatevs!

#9 jusjenks

jusjenks
                  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

Maybe your resort only allows certain photographers. Who knows, maybe some photographers are not respectful of rules or specific guidelines. I would go with your WC. Good luck!

#10 Lindsey

Lindsey
                    • 54 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

Hey everyone!!! I am a Beach Palace bride and I ran into the same thing. I was going to book Vincent from Del Sol, but Sol responded and said that the Palace resorts would not allow photographers that were licensed in Mexico, so instead of chancing it, I booked a photographer from the states. In the midst of asking though, I was told at one point that I would need a day pass for my photog if he/she was not staying at the resort. Honestly, I think the corporate policy is no outside photogs, but I do not think the onsite coordinators care as much. I think that they are just required to give you the "policy."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users