Jump to content

Photo

Photo Souvenir Reviews?


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Melwhip

Melwhip
  • Newbie
  • 43 posts

    Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

    Hi LHM - did you have them do a video of your wedding as well? If so, how did that turn out?
    Hmmm....I booked a gold photo package without album - your post is making me rethink that!! That's nice that you get the album so quickly! I also booked a videographer to do a video of the ceremony.

    #12 Melwhip

    Melwhip
    • Newbie
    • 43 posts

      Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

      Duplicate post - sorry!

      #13 Christinamaria22

      Christinamaria22
      • Jr. Member
      • 358 posts

        Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:41 AM

        what did your resort charge for a day pass for photo souvenir to come take pictures? anyone do a ttd with them how was that?

        #14 EricaG

        EricaG
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,915 posts

          Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:49 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Melwhip
          Hi LHM - did you have them do a video of your wedding as well? If so, how did that turn out?
          Hmmm....I booked a gold photo package without album - your post is making me rethink that!! That's nice that you get the album so quickly! I also booked a videographer to do a video of the ceremony.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christinamaria22
          what did your resort charge for a day pass for photo souvenir to come take pictures? anyone do a ttd with them how was that?
          I also used Photo Souvenir for our wedding photos and I think it was the best choice I ever made! Severine was fantastic!!! Larry is not one to have his pic taken, and I am sure that she took more pics of Larry than he has ever had taken of him in his life, but she made it really easy for him to relax and just go with it. We had Francois do the video and that turned out great as well. According to the website, the video is the one thing that you get mailed out to you in like 4-6 weeks or something, but he got it done for us before we left! We had everything in hand by our last day there (we were there for 2 weeks). We even had our painting which was beautiful, and she passed the painter on the road to drop everything else off with us, and got it from him!

          We got the gold package and got more than what we had expected. Instead of 5 hours, they were there for about 7, but we also fed them at the reception which they were not expecting. (At our resort the day pass was $50 US per person) The day after the wedding Severine came back and we did the TTD shoot. It was a lot of fun and although she was only supposed to be there for 30 mins, she was there about an hour and kept asking if we wanted her to keep going! Larry was having fun that day, and she figured out ways to keep him having fun with it. When we got the proofs back a few days later, we were shocked to see we had 96 5x7 TTD pics rather than the 30 we were supposed to get!!! We didn't have to get the day pass for her either, as she wasn't going to be eating there, and was only there for a short time. The album that we got is absolutely stunning. I love all of our pics and can't stop looking at them. The album is nice to have to even show pics to people rather than hauling all the proofs around. One tip though, when she brings you the proofs, you have to go through them and pick out about 60 pics for the album. Don't put it off. It took a lot of time for us to cut our pics down to 60. I would suggest going through several times and cut more out each time until you get about 80 or so. Then lay them out and look at them to see which ones work better to tell your wedding story. I did most of this on my own, and had Larry help with 2 of the cuts, including the final one!!! LOL


          Overall, I say book them if you can and if photography is an important part of your wedding for you. They do a wonderful job and you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!
          http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
          My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

          Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

          #15 Christinamaria22

          Christinamaria22
          • Jr. Member
          • 358 posts

            Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:23 AM

            well... majestic said it was 90 dollars for a day pass the day after the wedding.... she said she would be tehre at most an hour and thats not something that i feel is affordable for an hour! Ugh... i dont know what to do!

            #16 Melwhip

            Melwhip
            • Newbie
            • 43 posts

              Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

              Erica - thank you so much for your review!! Makes me SO excited I booked with them!!
              Yeah, I thought the canvas painting was a nice addition!! I checked out the website of the artist who does them and they look good!!! And I'm definitely thinking now about adding the album to the package, I like the quick turnaround, am glad to hear they are nicely done, and knowing me it would take me forever to actually get around to doing one myself!!
              Christina - maybe Majestic would be willing to go cheaper for the TTD day pass since she will only be at the resort for a short period of time and won't be eating there? Hopefully so, because you are absolutely right that $90 is crazy for an hour session!

              #17 jarauz

              jarauz
              • Jr. Member
              • 251 posts

                Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

                Hello ladies,

                I jusr got back from Punta Cana, stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana where our wedding will be help. It was absolutely amazing. I was lucky to meet Severine. I called her to inform her we were there and the net day we met at the lobby, where I gave her my deposit. She was very lovely and great answering my questions and very accomodating. I'm very excited to be working with her.

                Jessica.

                #18 Christinamaria22

                Christinamaria22
                • Jr. Member
                • 358 posts

                  Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Melwhip
                  Erica - thank you so much for your review!! Makes me SO excited I booked with them!!
                  Yeah, I thought the canvas painting was a nice addition!! I checked out the website of the artist who does them and they look good!!! And I'm definitely thinking now about adding the album to the package, I like the quick turnaround, am glad to hear they are nicely done, and knowing me it would take me forever to actually get around to doing one myself!!
                  Christina - maybe Majestic would be willing to go cheaper for the TTD day pass since she will only be at the resort for a short period of time and won't be eating there? Hopefully so, because you are absolutely right that $90 is crazy for an hour session!
                  WEll I emailed Sandra the WC and shes not really budging about the 90 dollars! I mean that makes me kind of aggrivated.... I have no clue what do even do now...........?

                  #19 DarcyJAde

                  DarcyJAde
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 305 posts

                    Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

                    I just found out they are not available for my date October 11th. Bummer! Does anyone have another recommendation. I am getting married at the Melia and have heard bad reviews about their photographer.
                    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png


                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
                    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

                    #20 violet183

                    violet183
                    • Newbie
                    • 25 posts

                      Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

                      Darcy - the same thing happened to me with Photosouvenir being booked for my date. A few people who got married at the PPR like I am recommended Juan Guzman. His site is Juan Guzman-Wedding Photographer in Dominican Republic. I've found him to be extremely responsive and a nice guy, and I really like his pictures as well. If you check out the PPR thread on Debbiesdominicantravel.com you can find a few reviews of him scattered throughout.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users