• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Recently, we celebrated our 1st anniversary Dec 6, 2008. We decided to stay at Al Cielo Hotel for an experience of sunrise magic, afternoon pampering and beach side chilling, cenote swimming, a perfect dinner plan and setup by the hospitality artists of the staff.

We decided to bring our cameras along and shoot a little bit of what Al Cielo set up for us.

*if you are a potential honeymooning couple or anyone interested in a very intimate location, don't forget about Xpu-HA Beach's Al Cielo....

I made a mixed media (photo stills and video capture) of our entire experience there. The walkdown to the beach sequence really gives you the feel of walking in our shoes and exploring the total beauty this beach has on any given perfect day :) If you want to know the power of the potential full throttle Al Cielo experience, do indulge in the 4 minute movie.

We were not paid or commissioned to make this sequence...we just did it because we are in love with our jobs :)

Click over to VIMEO to see the full HD video version.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

Awesome job on the mixed media work! We were there a few days before your visit to check out Al Cielo. Do you mind if I post the link on my wedding web site?

#3 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

sure, put it on your website or anywhere.

The way we see it... if any person out there wants to almost get their feet wet visiting Al Cielo, they can watch this video and share our experience.

Cheers :)

#4 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

Wow, that is amazing! I'm totally going to check that place out - we might consider it for our honeymoon. Thanks for posting!

#5 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

dang i cant view vimeo at work oh well the 3 pics you posted will have to do for now.

#6 Maria Luisa Locht

Maria Luisa Locht
          • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

It seems that this place is the same as the Al Cielo Beach Club? Can you confirm?

I got some info that Al Cielo hotel has only like a couple of small villas or hotel rooms, but there are only like 5 or 6?

If so, this place is fantastic, exactly what I was looking for?

Any suggestion for accomodations besides the Al Cielo hotel? Any other nice hotel with around 15-17 hotel rooms?

#7 Sycamore Tree

Sycamore Tree
            • 106 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:25 AM

I had a lovely lunch and met with the onsite WC at Al Cielo in May 2009. Al Cielo is muy tranquilo. The food was some of the best we had in RM.

#8 m&d2011

• 379 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

This is absolutely beautiful

#9 AKH2011

• 24 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

We had drinks at Al Cielo during our site visit in May 2010.. It was a great place and for sure an intimate beach - would be a great place to stay and even have a wedding.

#10 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                  • Vendor
                  • 1,243 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

This place friggen rules. I'd say by far, Xpu-HA beach is one of the sexiest most beautiful beaches (water color RULES) in the entire Riviera Maya.

Xpu Ha beaches have Hotel Esencia, Al Cielo, Catalonia, and a few others...

Just amazing wow, wow wow. We were there yesterday at Esencia (right next door to Al cielo) and the beach/blue sky/aqua water combo made us both drool.... sheesh, makes me want to go swim right now thinking about it!

Here are a few Al Cielo weddings to check out:

Tobie + Tim

Michelle + Phil

Julie + Jeff

Susie + Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users