Tanning Lotion w/Bronzer...sigh

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Hey ladies!

I was wondering if you could help me out. I started tanning last night for my wedding next month and the lotion I bought has bronzers in it. The lady that sold the lotion to me told me to make sure that I rub the lotion in the spaces between my fingers really good so that it doesn't stain them. Well I did as I was told...and the lotion STILL stained the spaces between my fingers. It looks so stupid!! Does anyone have a fix for this problem? Or know what I'm talking about? lol It's awful. Maybe I should just get a lotion without bronzer...

#2 laycj18

• 76 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Two big things with bronzers: be sure to rub them in well and wash your hands. Right as soon as your done tanning wash your hands and the bronzers shouldn't stain them. My tanning place actually has wet naps at the desk you can take so that right after you apply your lotion you can wipe your hands to avoid staining. You could buy a travel size Wet Ones to use on your hands after lotioning up...but like I said usu washing your hands right after you tan is sufficient enough to keep them from staining.

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

I just used the towel in the room and wipe down my hands really good after apply.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#4 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

if you want to remove the stain try lemon juice....you can make a scrub of lemon juice and sugar and rub until it comes off...I hope that helps...next time just wash wash wash your hands afterwards

#5 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

Thanks for your thoughts ladies, I appreciate it! :)

I thought I had rubbed them off with the towel pretty good tonight but they still stained. I will definitely try out the wet naps and washing asap afterward. That lemon juice scrub is a great idea, I'll try it too.

#6 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:04 AM

I'm really light skinned and occasionally use sunless tanning lotions. I avoid putting in on my elbows/knees/toes/hands and make sure to scrub reallllllly well in between your fingers with soap right after you apply it to prevent it from soaking in. Definitely don't rub it in between your fingers!

#7 laycj18

• 76 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by KimmyG
                Definitely don't rub it in between your fingers!
                I was thinking this too....I was kinda scratching my head when I read that Kathy was told by the consultant to rub it in between her fingers.

#8 BachataBride

• Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

I tend to stay away from the lotions with bronzers for this very reason!! I'm so paranoid of not being even or being blotchy!! I am even paranoid about my back with the regular lotion - it's so hard to get at myself!!

#9 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

My Best friend is an esthetician (sp?) and I did something similar last winter and she had me use lemon juice and a few table spoons of vinigar and applied it like using nail polish remover and it worked well. I did not notice right away but by the next morning it was mostly normal.

#10 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

Hmmm, interesting responses girls! I think I might run out at lunch and get a different lotion, though I'm pissed I wasted money on the one I'm using right now.

KimmyG, I wish she would have told me that and not the opposite! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users