Photo

The City

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 laybar

laybar
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:46 PM

i LOVE 'The City' too! lol.. guilty pleasure! i like Whitney better than LC anyway.. =0

#12 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
    • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

I have to agree that the city is better than the hills. hopefully she gets rid of jay soon!

#13 Jessica

Jessica
      • VIP Member
      • 11,939 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

Yay! A thread on The City. I was thinking of making one but forgot.

I like it so far. I'm pretty ambigious about Jay. I think he's your standard musician type who doesn't like to formally commit to a relationship. It seems like he tends to keep his distance at times because he thinks she's moving a bit faster than he wants to. The whole "other" girl thing was a bit questionable though. Who know's who's telling the real story there. Why do you girls think he's sketchy?

Olivia seems like the ultimate snob. She's part of the NYC socialite scene and I've heard about her before because she was involved in some drama regarding this site called SocialRank.Com. The whole "OMG we can't let her socialize with those classless downwtown sorts." I definitely don't miss that aspect of NYC. I thought the remarks she made to Whitney about not being dependent on a guy at the end of the last episode was soooo petty. Even that other chick that works there turned around and was looking at her like "WTF?"

#14 Sloan

Sloan
        • 1,279 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

Yay for The City! Whitney was always my favourite anyway. I cant stand LC - she's a drama queen and it always looks like she has a bit of a peach fuzz mustache... haha.
          The boy Jay needs to go - Im not big on him at all.

#15 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
          • 2,754 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

LOL it's good to know that others are getting hooked on this show too! I always liked Whitney on the Hills and she deserved to be the star of her own show. I agree with everyone...Jay is odd and Olivia comes of as snobby. She never smiles!

#16 cdc0427

cdc0427
            • 330 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one that Jay reminds them of Justin Bobby.

That Olivia is getting on my nerves too. I hope Whitney doesn't trust her too much. Why the h-e-doublehockeysticks does she always ask Whitney about Jay.

Not sure if I like it better than The Hills though.

#17 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

I think that Jay was with Olivia once...that is why she is so interested in him.

#18 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

I LOVE this show to! Jay is on my last nerve already. And Olivia defintely appears over interested in Jay and Whitney, and I thought...I bet she had a thing with him. Which is probably why he didnt want to go to the dinner.

#19 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:59 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
                    I LOVE this show to! Jay is on my last nerve already. And Olivia defintely appears over interested in Jay and Whitney, and I thought...I bet she had a thing with him. Which is probably why he didnt want to go to the dinner.
                    Although, he did show up!

I like the show, i think i like it about as much as the hills. I am obviously the odd one out, but I LOVE Jay, I also really like Justin. Although these are the kind of guys I've always been interested in. I am the type of person that likes space, non-commital, take it easy. I guess since I'm attracted to that kind of guy I view them alot differently than you guys. I can't stand Alex! They haven't talked since she left him at the club, and then he asks her to dinner to rat on another guy?!! Childish to me! I could understand if they had remained friends and talked often after she left him at the club, but they didn't. So if he wanted to tell her about Jay and this other girl, then maybe he should have become better friends with her and then tell her. I don't know I can't stand people like that, at this point its really none of his business and he needs to just move on.

Jay said he already knew olivia from hanging out. I'm not sure if they had a thing, or one had a thing for the other, but even if they did he doesn't seem too interested in her. She definitely seems more interested in him and OMG she was so upset that whitney didn't listen to her when she was bossing her around about the apt!

#20 Jessica

Jessica
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,939 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:14 AM

I'm with you Jacilynda. I like Justin a lot. Jay... well, I've only see two episodes so I don't really have feelings either way, but I don't dislike him and will probably eventally like him. But I'm the girl version of these guys basically. I'm so the "let's not define our relationship with the whole boyfriend/girlfriend label" type of girl (well, obviously I don't get to really date anymore, but you know what I mean!).

Alex is really annoying. Granted I do think it was really rude of Whitney to ditch him how she did, but seriously dude, grow a pair and move on because that "looking out for" Whitney is such B.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users