Photo

Buying Engagement Rings or Wedding Bands online?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

I didn't really ask the details, but they said it's covered in the warranty. SO I guess.

#12 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:15 AM

You all bring up a good point. I never thought about sizing an eternity band.... is it even possible?

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

Nope you can't size an eternity band. Their is not enough metal.

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

the jeweler i spoke to says he rarely sees a problem with it though. he said yes, it will likely be tight during a pregnancy (i'd but a temp fake one i guess), but that otherwise you really never get your rings sized when you gain/lose weight. he also said i could get it just a tad big, since my e-ring would keep it on.

#15 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

Well there you go.. get an eternity band Ann.. Oh and order it now, your wedding is in 7 weeks chic.. :-)

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:54 AM

you trying to freak me out? stop it. bully.

paul is in CHicago this weekend for his bachelor party. or, i'm sorry, bachelor weekend. anyway, he found a store there that has a ton of irish jewelry in store, so he's going there to look, and might actually buy something. he wants an irish inspired ring, like a celtic knot or something. hope he finds it, then at least one of us has a band!

#17 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

:-) yeah :-)

#18 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

an eternity ring is where the diamonds go all the way around??
                  Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                  Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#19 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
                  • 466 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:08 PM

My FI bought my Engagement ring, diamond solitare, diamond earrings from BlueNile. And I bought a pearl and diamond pendant for my mom's B-day and platinum engraved cufflinks for my FI's B-day from Blue Nile - I say this because I want you to know that each time I ordered these things I was Extremely Happy! Everything looks absolutely beautiful and the prices can't be beat.

If you still have hesitations buying online I would do this - Print out what you like from BN, including the prices, and take it to a Wholesale jeweler like in Chicago on Jewelers Row, or I'm sure there are some wholesalers in MN.... Ask them to meet or beat the prices - When we were shopping for Diamonds on Jewelers Row every jeweler explicity said "If you find the Diamond/Ring you like from BN we will meet or beat their prices." Because they know that they are loosing customers. I think we may do this with our wedding bands since I want to be able to see how it looks with my engagement ring.

#20 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

that's how i am - i like to try it on! but it looks like you can do that w/Blue Nile too - maybe even order 2 and send 1 back. but if i get custom, not sure I can do that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users