Photo

Buying Engagement Rings or Wedding Bands online?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

Paul and I really need to get on the ball and find some wedding bands. If we don't, we'll be stopping at WalMart and picking up some fake ones for the ceremony!

I think I want a platinum, channel set, princess-cut band with the diamonds going either 1/2 to 3/4 of the way around (to avoid the eternity band re-sizing issues). All of that sounds pretty standard and easy to explain. The tricky part for me is getting the right width. I've tried one on at a jeweler that I like - but I am not sure what the width of the band is. The jeweler I saw gave me a price of about $3500-4000 for the band I want - I am just wondering how much I can save by going online. I am willing to pay some amount of $$ to buy it here locally, and form a relationship with a jeweler, but not a ton of $$ extra!

Anyway, on to my question. I know there has been plenty of talk about ordering these items online, but do any of you have a good experience with anyone? I think BlueNile.com is a common one, and I know there are others. I am scared to order something like this online, but if all of the "specifications" are up to par - it should really be ok, right?

Talk to me about your online jewelry experience ...

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:31 PM

we did bluenile and they are gret and have a really good return policy...also, notaxes on purchase! woohoo!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:41 PM

does bluenile do custom bands? like to make the diamonds go almost all the way around? i assume so.

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:43 PM

Ann, I know Anny had a really good site too that she orders from, its posted in another thread, I have no idea which one.

I've also heard bluenile is good.

Steve thinks I should just order ours online too.

#5 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
        • VIP Member
        • 931 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:44 PM

We bought my ering online, and DH's band online. Unfortunatley I don't know where he purchased either one.

#6 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:06 PM

When we were shopping I found "Sun Jewelry".... I think they have a physical store in California, but their online selection was large and they do custom designs. I remember finding them and thinking their prices were lower than anywhere else I had found.

I also remember something about a company called Robins Brothers and they touted themselves as being the largest engagement ring store. Don't know much about them. By the time I found their website, we had already gotten my ring...

But, while we're on the subject of rings---- FI is probably dreading finding a girl with a Swedish heritage because we get 3 rings: the engagement ring, the wedding ring and a third one to symbolize family/fertility.... And it gives us a great explanation for why I'll be walking around with a "wedding band" on before we head to Mexico (for our private ceremony later this year that we're not telling anyone about)...

#7 calyx6

calyx6
            • 160 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:00 AM

My fiance brought me into Solomon Brothers in Atlanta to pick out the band I wanted for my engagement ring. (He'd already bought the stone and a plain band knowing he'd bring me in once I said "yes" to pick out what I really wanted.) They had a pretty large selection of bands and they have a website!
              Diamond Rings: engagement rings, wedding rings, wedding bands, diamond engagement rings, platinum engagement ring, diamond wedding band, engagement ring, rings engagement, wedding ring, jewelry stores . Except for GA, no taxes!

-V-
              Tulum - November 3, 2007

#8 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:14 AM

I had no problems ordering online, but Cain wanted to get my ring's from Jared's because of their warranty and the fact that they are right down the street. Also just an FYI most places when you get the warranty if you order an eternity band and say you get prego and your fingers are bigger they will exchange is (no cost) for one that fits, so you don't have to problem of not being able to wear your wedding band..

#9 SPRINGBRIDE

SPRINGBRIDE
                • 60 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:29 AM

Several of my friends husbands/fiances purchased their rings on mondera. They were very pleased with both service and quality. My future brother in law has purchased from union diamond. He picked what he wanted online and called and dealt with someone over the phone. Apparently they have a physical store too. He was very please with service and quality and has recommended them to everyone he knows.

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                    I had no problems ordering online, but Cain wanted to get my ring's from Jared's because of their warranty and the fact that they are right down the street. Also just an FYI most places when you get the warranty if you order an eternity band and say you get prego and your fingers are bigger they will exchange is (no cost) for one that fits, so you don't have to problem of not being able to wear your wedding band..
                    they just give you a bigger ring at no cost? that seems quite generous!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users