Photo

using a credit card at ROR???

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 melwru

melwru
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

I forget, how much is the "free wedding" package? Is it $300US or $350US. I cant remember. Ya, we decided agasinst travellers cheques when we heard about all the hassle you have to go through just to cash them.

#12 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
    • 1,097 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

yes you can use a cc---just research the hidden fees...

#13 jennifer24

jennifer24
      • 50 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for letting me know about the travellers cheques. When the resort recommended using them they didn't say anything about going to a bank. I would be so annoyed had I gotten there to find out I needed to cash them.

#14 panther

panther
        • 84 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Free wedding package is $350 and includes paperwork and minister fees.
          Enjoy your wedding, looking forward to the review when you return!

#15 Destination08

Destination08
          • 47 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

I just got married there on Dec 11, 2008.

The wedding fee was 250.00 for the minister.

You can use your credit card and I have seen my statement it came out to 580.00 Canadian dollars after the conversion (500.00 US) dollars originally. I also booked the disco which was 250.00 US as well. (DISCO well worth the 250.00 US)

I had no troubles - I called my credit card company told them I was going, so they didn't decline the card, but the conversion cost was whatever it was the day of the purchase. I had no troubles.

You can also pay your for excursions on your credit card as well. I would strongly recommend calling them letting them know your going so that they won't decline your card because it is not some place you normally are.

Hope that helps!

#16 amagee

amagee
            • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Thank you for the info!! It is very reassuring, I didn't want to bring cash and I didn't want to have to bring traveller's cheques!!

#17 chicklet

chicklet
              • 718 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

the prices for 2009 must have gone up from 2008.. our free packages is costing 350 and i looked into the disco and its 250 per hour.
                Thanks for all the info though. At least we know what we are getting ourselves into before we get there.

#18 jennifer24

jennifer24
                • 50 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:54 AM

I booked the disco for my Feb 24, 2009 wedding and it was $250 for 2 hours (9:00-11:00). I clarified it with Chandlyn after I read here that it was $250/hr and she verified that my quote was correct. I would check with her.

#19 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

I will check again when I get there. It would be nice to rent it out but was against it due to the cost (maybe its higher cause I am there in high time??).

#20 christenew

christenew
                    • 325 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chicklet
                      I will check again when I get there. It would be nice to rent it out but was against it due to the cost (maybe its higher cause I am there in high time??).
                      Maybe they charge higher for the brides on BDW or the ones who harass her with 50 emails. LOL!

I have come to the conclusion that they change their prices whenever they want and when I get there I will be punched in the gut because everything is at least $100 more than I was quoted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users