Photo

using a credit card at ROR???

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 melwru

melwru
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Hi there, Im just curious. Does anyone know when paying Chandyln for your wedding fees or when paying for the Steel drum band, do they accept credit cards or does it have to be cash? I really dont want to lug a WHOLE bunch of cash with us . I would like to use my visa as much as possible. Does the salon accept credit cards? Michael, the photographer did tell me he only accepts cash, no credit cards allowed. If anyone can answer my questions I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Mel

ps...we leave to get married in 6 days! Im so EXCITED!!!

#2 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

congrats! you gotta be soo excited!!! I'm a week and a bit away :)
      The salon and chandlyn accept credit cards so you are good!

#3 melwru

melwru
      • 207 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Thank you for answering my questions. Im glad we can use our credit cards.

#4 tina82

tina82
        • 184 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:10 AM

I would be carefull using your c/c some places charge up to an extra 10% on purcheses plus some c/c survices charge a fee for international use. I would check with your c/c befor hand.

Just a heads up.
          Christina

#5 albertabride

albertabride
          • 78 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

Yeah I do know my CC charges more interest, I work at a bank and it seems like we can withdraw money from an ATM done there and it wouldn't be so bad. I really don't want to carry all that cash on me either I'm soooo scared it would get stolen or something
            [FONT="Century Gothic"]

#6 blurt

blurt
            • 105 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hi, Does anyone know if you can use your credit card to book trips, my parents have asked me to find out.

#7 jennifer24

jennifer24
              • 50 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

I'm getting married in 6 weeks and we are going to use travellers cheques. I was told that credit card is not accepted.

#8 melwru

melwru
                • 207 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

We were going to use travellers cheques too, but were told they were more of a hassle than just taking cash. Some hotels will only cash a max of $50 dollars a day etc.

#9 Linzibella

Linzibella
                  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

Re traveller's cheques, I called the resort directly and they only cash them into Jamaican dollars, no USD. You would have to go to the bank in town to cash traveller's cheques into US funds.

I'm not 100% decided but I think that I'm just going to estimate how much money I need to pay Chandlyn for the "free" wedding package, the steel drum band, reception cost, flowers etc, and bring that in cash (and never let it leave my sight).

I don't want any extra charges on my credit card (and the flower shop and an Lee's Tours have both told me that there will be extra charges to use credit cards -between 5 and 7% I think).

#10 Linzibella

Linzibella
                    • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

Re traveller's cheques, I called the resort directly and they only cash them into Jamaican dollars, no USD. You would have to go to the bank in town to cash traveller's cheques into US funds.

I'm not 100% decided but I think that I'm just going to estimate how much money I need to pay Chandlyn for the "free" wedding package, the steel drum band, reception cost, flowers etc, and bring that in cash (and never let it leave my sight).

I don't want any extra charges on my credit card (and the flower shop and an Lee's Tours have both told me that there will be extra charges to use credit cards -between 5 and 7% I think).

What a pain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users