Jump to content


HELP! May be starting all over with only 3 months to go!

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 stessa82

  • Newbie
  • 40 posts

    Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

    So with just over 3 months til the wedding day (April 18th) ... I may be starting back at square one. I booked the date last summer and ever since have been requesting information from the wedding coordinators on property. I currently have 40+ rooms booked and am expecting 120 guests. At this point the only thing that is set in stone is the ceremony time (4pm). I would like to host a Beach BBQ Party on Friday evening and the ceremony, a cocktail hour and a private reception on Saturday. They have all but refused to give me price information for the menus so I have no clue what this will cost. The information they do provide is conflicting. It takes weeks to get a response and when I do it is either inaccurate or incomplete.

    I'm SO NERVOUS! We're expecting 120 guests and I can't get the resort to confirm the location for the ceremony or reception. I called the wedding coordinator, the manager of the resort and the sales person who manages my group contract (for the 40+ rooms) today to say that I'm at my breaking point. I need this information or I will have to look elsewhere and all responded that they'd "call me back."

    So I'm asking for your help!! I would like to consider other venues. I am open to other resorts - or even non resort locations. Did anyone have a great experience working with the wedding coordinators - actually at this point I'd even settle for a mediocre experience? Did anyone have a private reception for a large group?

    Any suggestions or advice would be MUCH appreciated!

    Thanks ladies!

    #2 BachataBride

    • Banned
    • 9,310 posts

      Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

      OMG!! I can't believe you are going through all this...and with only 4 months to go!!! Is relocating something you are able to pull off?? I just mean that wouldn't you and your guests have deposits with this resort?? If you can change then I say GO FOR IT! I can't offer much help since I"m just doing the basic lets get married, have dinner & then go to the disco thing! But I am sending many good vibes your way - Good Luck!!

      #3 Soon2beWed09

      • Jr. Member
      • 319 posts

        Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

        WOW!!! If I were you I would wait just another week..if no response i would call until my finger hurt to get some answers because thats 2 many people to have to come all the there and have no answers. Some resort that I read say the coordnator don't contact you until 1-2 months before the wedding. Good luck everything will turn out good....

        #4 Shannond4156

        • Jr. Member
        • 169 posts

          Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

          Did you book with a travel agent? If so I would give them a call and see if they have some leverage with the resort.

          #5 YoursTruly

          • Sr. Member
          • 1,097 posts

            Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

            OMG I can't even imagine. Have you spoken withany other BDW who are getting married or was married at your location? I too would not give up until I get an answer. There are WAY too many folks already booked to move unless your TA can work that from her end? Do you have wedding insurance to cover so you are not out anything? I wish you the best and that everything works out

            #6 Jenn

            • Sr. Member
            • 1,557 posts

              Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

              Oh that's so frustrating! I would make phone calls until I got an answer to some things... you are bringing 120 people to their resort, so they should be able to ease your mind! Give them a few more days, and if you don't get answers, then look elsewhere. I think Mo (TA Maureen) did a private reception off property in Ochos Rios, so she may have some info for you... Good luck!

              #7 divadivine25

              • Jr. Member
              • 427 posts

                Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

                Where is the wedding?

                #8 neen

                • Member
                • 633 posts

                  Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

                  perhaps you should contact TA Jennifer - she's a Sandals expert and I think there is one nearby the Breezes you're currently booked at...

                  i'm so sorry this is happening...hold tight...hoping you get a response soooon!

                  #9 stessa82

                  • Newbie
                  • 40 posts

                    Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

                    I'm booked at Breezes Runaway Bay. I did quite a few searches on the forum to see if I could find any other brides. I came across a few but most had much smaller groups and planned to go to dinner in one of the restaurants on property.

                    I did not use a travel agent. I contacted a few initially but found I could get the best rate for my guests if I did all the arrangements myself (you should see the spreadsheet I have with all the information - all 40+ reservations and their details!!) The GOOD news is that there is NO penalty to cancel with 60 days notice. I would have to find a new resort or at least a new reception site with availability on the same date (April 18th) because at least 70 of our guests have already booked their flight travel. But other than that I think I can get all of their money back. I would be out my initial wedding deposit but that seems minimal in the grand scheme of things.

                    With 120 expected guests - I can't wait til I get down there to accomplish the planning. When I called today I told them to book me a room for next week as I now feel it is absolutely essential that I iron out the details face to face and she told me she'd "have to check availability" ... its almost comical! I figure if I don't laugh ... I'll cry!

                    #10 deefalvey

                    • Member
                    • 521 posts

                      Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

                      Face to face is definitely the best way to figure it out - best of luck to you!
                      Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users