Photo

My father passed away New Years Eve

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Geralyn

Geralyn
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

My father passed away New Years Eve. He was diagnosed with Parkinsons 12 years ago. He has been really sick since August. I knew he wasn't going to be able to come to the wedding because he has been in a nursing home since Aug. but it is still really sad to know he will not be able to walk me down the aisle.

But I did get my dance on Thanksgiving!!!
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33552

#2 Banana11

Banana11
    • VIP Member
    • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss. I just read your other thread about dancing with your dad on Turkey Day and it totally made me tear up. I am so happy for you that you had a special moment with him.

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

My sincere condolences.

My heart goes out to you. I am so happy that you had your celebrate a few weeks ago. I am happy your father is is a better place.

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

I'm sorry for your loss Thinking of you.

#6 KHarrod

KHarrod
            • 902 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, I will keep you and your family lifted in prayer.

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

That is so awful Geralyn. My deepest sympathies. It is so hard knowing that someone you love will not be with you on one of the most important days of your life - but take strength in knowing that he will always be looking in on you & making sure you are ok! I feel my step-father with me all the time! I also have included him in our wedding week by adding a memorial page to our welcome books.
                Click the image to open in full size.

I wanted to honor him in some way that wouldn't upset my mom anymore than she already would be on the wedding day - I thought the memorial page was a nice way to do it. And for only me, I have a memory frame with his picture in it to attach to my bouquet. Here is a picture of it...

Click the image to open in full size.

Take care & be strong. And if you can't be strong then just know your friends at BDW are here for you...to cry to, to vent, to scream...anything!

#8 KatyKo

KatyKo
                • 851 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

So sorry for your loss. So glad that your family planned the special day for you to dance with him...still makes me tear up when I think about your post about that We are thinking of you!

#9 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

Geralyn, I'm so sorry for your loss

#10 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. FI's father was diagnosed with leukemia last June and passed away in September. It's not easy. Just know that it's OK to cry, whether it's 10 minutes or 10 years from now. We're all here for you. This forum was wonderful with helping me through the passings in my family last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users