An Early Thank you for the Wedding Blues...

**~Jenn~**

HI Ladies!!

So..My Wedding is in About 6 months, @ Dreams Cancun. I have kind of been slacking in the planning department. Partly due to the holidays and all of that insane-ness..LOL but also because I was having a little of the Wedding Blues. Besides the fact that due to the Economy, My Brother, Sister-in-Law and 2 neices won't be attending the wedding, and now I feel bad about it, And he was going to be walking me down the Isle....My Money Situation isn't where I wanted it to be at this point. Mainly due to going overboard as usual for Xmas :-(

From the start when we decided on this DW, I wanted my reception on the beach, with the Illuminated Dance floor and a DJ...However...Times are tight and the Dance floor and DJ aren't going to happen, And even if they did, I am only going to have, At MAX 22 people, so is a beach reception worth it? Probably not. I'm nervous about using the iPod, because I feel like no one will dance and everyone will just be sitting around after dinner like, Duh...And I also realized I will have to use the resort Photographer, because hiring an outside Vendor, isn't in the Budget :-( So needless to say, I was depressing myself during the holidays, because of all this.

So, the New Year began and now it's time to stop procrastinating and get things done (I still don't have my passport, Wedding Dress or picked BM dresses!!!)

A couple days ago, I started reading posts on this site again. I never really stopped, but between work and the Holidays, I honestly didn't really take the time to read all the posts i used to...But Anyway, I did, and after reading reviews and other girls worries and solutions in general...I feel better again!!

I decided that the lobby terrace is the best place for me...I decided I'll probably rent the sound system and Burn CD's for the reception and tell my BM's to help out with the dancing stuff , I've decided that our pictures will be great no matter how many we get, plus other people will have cameras & Good pictures of us, So I don't mind having the resort Photog anymore, and I may even do one long table, which is a big deal for me, becuase from the begining, I said I would never do that, and now, it's looking like a really good Idea and will make Dinner with our guests personal :-) So I have to give an early thank you to Everyone!! This Site really is a lifesavor for me.

I am so far behind..we haven;t even booked our flights yet (Although the prices have really gone down so we will be doing that soon) I started my Diet today, Along with my workout DVD's (my gym shut down last month!!) but I have to go try on dresses in the next 2 weeks and I SOOO don't want to because I am a fat mess at the moment...LOL But All I can do is take a before pic and hope the after pic makes me happy!! :-)

Ok, Now I am just complaining....The point is, I was havin Wedding blues and you ladies helped me, so Thanks!! I am actually getting REALLY excited for the Wedding, which I haven't been since the begining. and I am also starting to realize that I need to compromise with myself. Once I get something in my head, I am so stubborn, I don't want anything else. But I am getting better! :-)

Anyone else having The Wedding Blues for one reason or Another??

Wedding Blues?? Oh honey I have been on the wedding planning roller coaster for the last 10 months!!! LOL Ups, downs, sideways you name it, I've been there. I've had close friends back out - no photographer - fights with FI over money stuff. It's great that you have come to the realization that it will all work out & that the most important thing is that you are marrying the man of your dreams. And almost just as important is that you know you have a place to come scream for joy, frustration or sadness. The BDW girls are always here for you!! :)

Now...get back to planning!!!

smile03.gif

Yes, The best thing about this site is , Almost everyone has been right where I am and you all understand :-)

Your so right, When it comes down to it, Nothing else matters and everything will work out in the end :)

I work so much better under pressure, but damn, I didn't leave myself any breathing oom here..LOL I have mucho planning to do! I'm getting right back to it!

I think all of us have gone thru some of this during the planning. It will all work out and you will have a beautiful wedding. Sometimes we have to compromise to get what we actually want. The dance floor and DJ are small things just keep the overall picture in mind and the final result...you will be marrying the man of your dreams!