Priority Shipping my ass

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

My fellow Canadian brides know what I'm talking about here.

I ordered my OT items on December 15th and they still haven't arrived yet. To top it off, I paid an extra $20.00 to get it rushed shipping, so that it would have been here on the 23rd of December. Well, what the heck- where is my crap?
    I checked the tracking number and it says that it's in Ontario, and I live in Saskatchewan, and it has been there since the 31st. Like, what is going on? I phoned our local Canada Post office and they told me that they have no idea and "it should arrive soon". I know that it isn't a big deal, but I'm waiting for my mini starfish from them so that I can start gluing them to everything. Plus, when you pay amost $70.00 for shipping, one should expect it to arrive when it says it will!!!!

Ugh. Okay better now. Just needed to get that off my chest.

#2 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

Bummer Heather, I'm sorry ;(

#3 tina82

• 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

Where did you order your stuff from?

That sucks that you paid for rush and you still have not receved it.
        That has happened to me, a few times, so I dont get it rushed and it gets here in just the same amount of time, depending where it is coming from.

#4 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

wow that sucks! i feel bad for you northern gals with the shipping costs, that is so unfair!

i ordered 3 things about 4 weeks before christmas, regular shipping, and 2 arrived a few days past christmas and the 3rd has yet to show. it really is the wrong time of year to order by mail/internet! not cool

#5 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

I don't know how Canada's PO is, but I believe ours has a clause that if you pay for expedited shipping and it doesn't come within the provided limits, they will refund you. I know they definitely do it for overnight shipping. Double check and see if they will give you back your $20.

#6 BachataBride

• Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

Have you contacted the company you bought it from??
            This happened to me when I was ordering a few things - it got "stuck" in customs!! Come on, really...it's just a freakin cake topper!! LOL
            I contacted the company that I bought it from & they were really good about it - I think they even credited me some $$!!

#7 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

That's RIDICULOUS!!! So sorry you're having to deal with this!

#8 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

That's the postal system for ya. We didn't get mail for days when we had our big snowstorm right before Christmas. I'm sure there were ALOT of unhappy people who's Christmas presents didn't get delivered on time.

I would call the company and see if they can refund some of your money back for shipping.

#9 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

I think that I might call Oriental Trading tomorrow if it hasn't arrived by the time that I return home from university in the afternoon. It pisses the frack out of me.

#10 LadyZak

• 54 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

Good luck that sucks - their shipping costs are crazy as it was, I wanted to get something and the shipping was almost as much as the product.
                    I hope they can do something for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users