How much should I spend on my gifts to my bridesmaids?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#71 ahollo02

• 296 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

I was just in a wedding.. the bride had a pair of earings and a necklace made for us to ware to the wedding. It matched our dress and was made of little crystal beads. I think something like that would be a great gift if you do not have a lot of money left over after all the planning.. it is thoughtful :)

#72 ahollo02

• 296 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by n&n112109
      I only have three girls... I'm spending roughly 100-150 on each. It's all about what you want feel comfortable with. I was the MOH in my best friends wedding and I was a little shocked when my gift was a necklace/earring set from Claires. I really want my girls to know how much they mean to me and how appreciative I am that they spent so much of their hard earned money to be at my wedding :)

I was in a wedding a couple years ago and the bride got us all necklaces from Claires too She even boasted that they happened to be on sale in the 10things for $5 section!!! It made us all feel wonderful after we spent so much time helping her and a bizillion $$$ on a custom dress. lol.

#73 ~Keira~

• 1,338 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'm glad I found this thread. It's surely putting my mind at ease.

I have 2 bridesmaids and so far I've bought them both their dresses ($125 each) and made them their MOH and BM tanks ($10 each). I'm either going to add a little something extra in their OOT bags or give them a nicer favour at the reception. I was also thinking about booking us a bar hop excursion in Playa del Carmen for a bachelorette party type thing (approx $70 each). When all is said and down it should be about $250 each girl but again I only have 2 of them.
        ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

#74 vivrant_thing

• 56 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

I'm a noob to this wedding stuff... I've only been to 1 wedding before getting engaged and they had a wayyy bigger budget than i do, so it's really difficult because i don't have much to compare to.
          also, my bridesmaids are young noobs too (MOH is my sister who will be turning 17 2 days before the wedding, and bridesmaids are going to be 19, 23, and 23). only one bridesmaid has 'wedding/bridesmaid' experience so i also don't have much help there either. also considering that all of them are in school, i understand how difficult it is to afford flights, hotel, etc. for hawaii (no all-inclusives).
          however, i too am in school full-time and have a son in daycare (leaving me with very little to save up for every month)... so anyways i've paid for their dresses which came up to about $200 each x 4... i bought them some cute aritzia beach totes (on sale for $10 each), and was planning on buying them some Victorias Secret luggage tags or passport holders (around 15 each). however, someone suggested that i should pay for their hair & make up too (100 each x 4) which is another 400+ for me!! :S i didn't budget that much for them, but then i do feel bad that they have to pay for their trip. i'm so stuckkkkkkk! is it rude to ask if they would wanna do their own hair & make up that day? If they say no then i will pay for them... but it is way over budget already :S

#75 SSNM

• 675 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by vivrant_thing
            is it rude to ask if they would wanna do their own hair & make up that day? If they say no then i will pay for them... but it is way over budget already :S
            Seriously, don't break your bank. You are already doing more than most as it is. Your bridesmaids I am sure will appreciate it. And honestly, when it comes to destination weddings, an attendant should really look at it as doubling up a vacation with attending your wedding. Some bridesmaids pay close to $1000to be in a wedding (attire, showers, parties, gifts, etc) and they didn't even get a vacation out of it. I would straight up tell them that they are responsible for their hair/make up but also that they are not obligated to go to a salon to do so. That way, those who can't afford to have it done professionally do not feel pressured/obligated to do so. Heck, if any of them are make-up saavy, you could make a party out of it. It is most certainly not rude.

#76 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by mummergirl
              i think you girls are VERY generous! i have been in several weddings and never received more than just wedding-day jewelry (and that was NEVER anything from tiffany's or even near that price range, and usually not anything i'd ever wear again). do i just have cheap-ass friends? LOL! now i'm afraid i'm a total cheapskate too!

i am buying my 4 girls wedding day jewelry (so far bracelets that cost me only $10 each, and i will be making earrings to match). i plan on paying for an excursion for them too, so it will probably total $80-$100 each? i paid for the flower girl's dress and shoes. plus they will all get OOT bags like everyone else.
              You think you have cheap friends! My MOH which I was her MOH last month gave me and all the bridesmaids an empty frame and a pen. =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users