Photo

How much should I spend on my gifts to my bridesmaids?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 Angela139

Angela139
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

I will be paying for the BM dresses, and giving them all the starfish pendant necklace from Tiffany's. :) I am also giving a Tiffany pendant to a close girlfriend who is not in the bridal party, because she has insisted on doing hair and makeup for the whole wedding party! I think they are just going to die when they see them - we're in Canada and Tiffany jewelry is EXTREMELY uncommon here.

#52 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'm always surprised to see how much people spend on their BMs here. I didn't have BMs, but in all the times I've been one I'd estimate the bride spent $20-$50.

My favorite gift would be for the bride to pay for the dress.

#53 J&MWedding

J&MWedding
      • 612 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

I was thinking I was going to do what Jaime said on the previous page. I have some very special girlfriends that I wanted to by my bridesmaids, but there would have been probably 7 of them and I thought that was a lot. I also felt bad asking them to be a bridesmaid and paying to travel and pay for a special dress etc etc, so I decided to just have my cousin, my MOH.
        All the other girls know who they are that would be my bridesmaids, they definitely are not sad, and they are all coming anyways, so I was thinking of maybe getting them little tanks to wear on our girls night out in PV.
        For my MOH, since it is my cousin (and I'm her MOH this May), I was just assuming to buy her dress (It prob won't be much anyways, under $100) and pay for her hair the day of, and then get her a little something else. I don't think she will expect me to pay for her dress, so I do think it's a nice jesture....
        any thoughts on not having my other girlfriends in my wedding party?....
        ~jill~

http://tickers.Ticke....56d6/event.png
        My Planning Thread40 people booked plus bride & groom

#54 primandpixie

primandpixie
        • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

We each did the Tiffany's necklace route. Each of the girls were really blown away and so excited to get that special blue box. We spent on average around $100 per girl.

#55 SSNM

SSNM
          • 675 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

I have 6 bridesmaids and a limited budget. So far, I am commited to buying their dresses to increase the affordability of being in my wedding. I am not picky about matching hairstyles, makeup, shoes, or jewelry as I feel that is a personal thing and would let them do as they see fit, again, to increase affordability. Depending on the amount of effort I submit them to to be in my wedding, I may feel moved to do more and adjust my budget accordingly. As of now, I am not holding them to a shower or a bachelorette, and because they are spread out all over the world, I have not really asked for any help beyond just their input, so I think I have been pretty low-maintenence thus far. I really just want their presence more than anything else. As for how much I have budgeted, I was aiming for <$100 per person for the dress.

#56 SSNM

SSNM
            • 675 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

I just wanted to point something interesting out based on what I have read thus far:

Average amount that brides plan to spend on bridesmaids: $100-$200

Average amount bridesmaids think the bride has spent on them: $40-$50

My point: no matter how much you spend, your bridal party will probably under-estimate how much you actually did spend; so don't feel like you have to break your pocket. Just go for thoughtfulness first and they will appreciate that the most.

#57 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Stay-C
                I just wanted to point something interesting out based on what I have read thus far:

Average amount that brides plan to spend on bridesmaids: $100-$200

Average amount bridesmaids think the bride has spent on them: $40-$50

My point: no matter how much you spend, your bridal party will probably under-estimate how much you actually did spend; so don't feel like you have to break your pocket. Just go for thoughtfulness first and they will appreciate that the most.
                Very well-put!

#58 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                • 5,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

That is very well put and interesting!

I don't think it should matter what people have done for you in a past (as a bridesmaid) everyone is different and can afford different things and I would never only spend X dollars b/c someone only spent X dollars on me. I will do what I want, and what I can do, for my girls. No matter what you do, I would think your bmaids know you well enough to know you did your best and it will always be appreciated.

#59 koolatta

koolatta
                  • 321 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

I paid for their dresses and am planning to buy them either a necklace or bracelet (maybe from ebay - I love those strafish necklaces!!)
                    http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#60 MissLucky7Bride

MissLucky7Bride
                    • 147 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

I have given my BMs 2 gift bags (see my bridal shower BM gift post) and I paid for their dresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users