Photo

Can I bring electronics to cuba???

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Amarillis

Amarillis
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Yeh... it is a SURGE Protector.... they are available at radio shack/ the source/ canadian tire/ future shop.... etc.... they come with the plug adaptors.

I will second the NO WALKIE TALKIES... I heard a horror story of two guys going into cuba with walkie talkies, but they had a hell of a time getting out of the country - sweat box and all... the plane actually waited 2 hrs for them to get out.. their walkie talkies were confiscated - but later returned to them by the Cuban government.

#12 sarafish81

sarafish81
    • 353 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

For anyone who has stayed at Playa Pesquero in Holguin, Cuba, do we need the travel adapters? According to the above website (gocuba.ca):

"Cuba’s electricity is 110 volts, 60Hz, but most hotels and resorts have 220 volts. Electrical outlets take flat plug prongs. If you’re bringing an electrical appliance, check before you leave to see if you need an adaptor or converter."

I'm wondering what the resort has...

Thanks!!

#13 fudgie

fudgie
      • 353 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sarafish81
        For anyone who has stayed at Playa Pesquero in Holguin, Cuba, do we need the travel adapters? According to the above website (gocuba.ca):

"Cuba’s electricity is 110 volts, 60Hz, but most hotels and resorts have 220 volts. Electrical outlets take flat plug prongs. If you’re bringing an electrical appliance, check before you leave to see if you need an adaptor or converter."

Thanks!!
        I've never been there but I find that the tripadvisor forum is great for specific location/resort questions for cuba. Hope this helps :)
        Photo by: Cineart Photographywww.cineartphotography.comOur Professional Slideshow

#14 teacherbride

teacherbride
        • 354 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sarafish81

Thanks!!
          I think we do need adaptors but I can let you know for sure in just over a week

#15 sarafish81

sarafish81
          • 353 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

Thanks!! I can't imagine how excited you must be right now....I hope your wedding is fantastic and can't wait to see pictures and hear how everything went!!

#16 hannahford

hannahford
            • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Can u takes GHDs to Cuba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users