#11 Yari

• VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

That is so shocking...

#12 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

OMG! I am so sorry! That is NOT a good enough reason at all! There are many dog watching options....a friend, family member, neighbor, or vet office....I really cannot believe that he is the only child and they aren't planning on going!!!

#13 Kla.Kari

• 101 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

Oh wow... so sorry you are dealing with that.
        Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
        April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

#14 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Let them get on with it - they'll end up regretting not going and I bet when it comes to the crunch they'll go lol

I must be the only person who was praying (and i never do that) that FMIL wouldn't come lmao cowbag bloody booked tho!! shit lmao

#15 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

I'm so sorry you had to sit through that awkward dinner.

You always have Harty to make you laugh with her comments though

#16 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

LOL, funny I thought I cant wait to see Hartys post. :)

This is so out of character and strange. Although they are very protective of their dogs and dont think anyone is good enough to take care of them. They use to have a dog that needed insulin shots, but she passed. These two they have know are perfectly healthy dogs, so any family member could stay with them.

It came out of her mouth so fast that I was like, woah! Is she really doing this? It is a driveable location, if worse comes to worse they could rent a condo that allows dogs!

#17 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Wow. That is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm an animal lover to the bone. But to not live your life and DO things because of an animal is crazy. Dogs and cats are resilient creatures. They will adapt to a kennel or someone else coming to feed them etc etc. They in NO WAY should be used as an excuse to not go to your wedding. And as you pointed out above, they could easily drive there and find a condo that lets them have pets. Or his Dad could come and just leave the stepmom at home if she feels so strongly about it.. :P

#18 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

That totally sucks! Did they think they weren't invited initially or something? It just seems strange since you said she had previously mentioned wanting to come. It sounds like you guys are close with them, so I'm sure it will work out and they will come. Give it a few days...

In any case, *HUGS* and I'm sorry you have to deal with this!

#19 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

I am SO sorry. Maybe they just need a little processing time before they come to their senses.

Hang in there,

#20 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Sorry they reacted that way. Maybe they reacted without thinking because you threw them off guard. I know i say things without thinking all of the time and an hr later i'm kicking myself "why did i say that!" i hope that's what they are doing and figuring out a way to make it.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users