GarlicBride
    • 71 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:17 PM

wow - great thread!

#53 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

We ordered a monogram parasol from Click the image to open in full size.

We got handkerchiefs from Etsy :: mollyandmom :: Molly and Mom and they were so helpful they even assisted in the wording and design.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#54 Cindy&London

Cindy&London
        • 258 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

I love this thread! Thanks for all the great ideas :)

#55 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
          • 173 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

Laura Hooper made our STD map cards. She is great to work with and she really personalizes the cards (the wedding site, welcome dinner site, the airport, local attractions, your home towns---whatever places you want). If you mention her lucky orchid etsy discount price then it is $415 for the map design and printing of 100 maps. Its a bit of a splurge but it was worth it. Here is her website and our STD cards:
            Click the image to open in full size.

#56 handbagscentral

handbagscentral
            • Vendor
            • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Simistar
              3. Pashminas
              (newb here, just let me know if I am doing anything incorrectly per vendor rules)

I just wanted to pop in here and introduce myself and personally thank the poster who spoke so highly of us here and any of those who have visited our site. I was checking my site stats and saw a few referrer visits from this forum, which is how I found this site and thread. My name is Joseph and I own handbagscentral.com. We are a wholesale company, but I am happy to help and of the brides-to-be on the board with scarf or evening bag purchases for their bridal party or whatever. I also greatly appreciate the kind words Simistar had in a few posts, we are a family business and pride ourselves on our quality and service. The faux pashmina scarves on our site are the best quality there is after exhaustively searching all over china for the right fabrics and factory and it is nice to hear someone appreciate that.

Anyway, I don't want to come off as some kind of spammer, if any of the ladies have any questions just let me know and I would be happy to help you out. Would probably just be best to post here for others to see as well as shoot me a pm, I am a single boy so I am not really spending a lot of time on wedding planning forums right now, lol.

Oh, and who is the person running the show, I would be happy to maybe do some kind of group buy or forum member discount if I get the blessing from them, I know how expensive these weddings can get and I am happy to help out in these tough times.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words about my business,

Joseph

#57 Blkatz

Blkatz
              • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Joseph-I bought my scarves from you also and they were great! Came in 2 days and were excellent quality! Thanks again-Beth

#58 handbagscentral

handbagscentral
                • Vendor
                • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Blkatz
                  Joseph-I bought my scarves from you also and they were great! Came in 2 days and were excellent quality! Thanks again-Beth
                  Good to hear! Thanks Beth. Yeah, the quality issue is tricky when shopping online. Just as an fyi, these actually sell at retail in chinatown nyc for 10.00. There are other vendors selling theirs for 4-5 dollars but when they are held together and compared nobody complains about the price difference. I learned a few years ago that you can never win being the cheapest guy but you can carve out a niche offering great quality at the best prices possible.

#59 happygilmore

happygilmore
                  • 576 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Found two more sites that might be helpful for the ladies planning their AHR

Party Plates, Plastic Plates, Party Supplies|Elegant Wedding Supplies|Partyware

We got 250 plates from the for our AHR. We didn't want just paper plates and so we found some great plates on this website. they have been easy to work with so far!

About Us - WEBstaurantStore.com

Again, didnt want crappy white plastic silverware and so we were able to get prewrapped reflections silverware (looks like real silverware but is plastic) and got a really good deal on them and I don't have to worry about wrapping sets myself!

#60 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 5,369 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

Such a helpful thread!!

I ordered my bridesmaid gifts from here : Welcome to Beegeebags.com - super cute clutches. Brooke, the designer is SOOO nice and easy to work with, I highly recommend!

For invitations we used www.weddingpaperdivas.com/. I thought the quality was really good and shipping was really fast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users