Anyone ever have a 1-point bustle?? (PIC)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 neen

• 633 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

When my seamstress showed me my bustle options, I liked the outside bustle much better than the under neither option. When I picked up my dress yesterday, I was surprised to see it only had ONE hook...is this normal? I guess maybe I should bring an extra strong safety pin in case it doesn't hold up?? EEK - now I'm worried (dress drama is never ending apparently)

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

Hmmmm.... I suppose that could happen, if your dress isn't too big and doesn't have too much fabric.

Do you like the way it looks? Is it how she showed you it would look?

Mine was very heavy and the hooks were super small and they didn't look like they'd hold it up, but it held up beautifully. Mind you, I think my dres had 16 bustles

#3 BachataBride

• Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:46 PM

I'm not exactly sure how many mine has to be honest!!! I think it will only have the one though, the same as you. Mine is not very heavy either. It couldn't hurt to bring a safety pin just in case though, like you said!

#4 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:47 PM

Mine is a 1 point bustle too. I think it is super cute! And nice that it is so simple. It just depends upon the shape of your dress. I can't tell how it lays in the back from your pic.

Ohhhh, I am so sorry you have had so much trouble!!!!! I hope the drama stops here for you Neen!

#5 tvt

• VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

I had a 1 point bustle for a BM dress I wore a while back. It held all night, but then again the train on our BM dresses weren't very long at all.

i had a 3 point bustle on my wedding dress. I'm sure your alterations lady can add a couple more hooks if you want it that way.

#6 Cruiser2B

• 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

I have a one point too. I think it is cute and very simple.
              As a rule of thumb I think a girl can never have too many extra safety pins and bobby pins as back up on your wedding day :) Not a bad idea to have a couple extra in case the hook gives out.

#7 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

I'd take a safety pin just in case.

I had a 3 point french (under) bustle so it was really secure, but the back of the dress did get stepped on and torn out.

You can never be too prepared!

#8 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

i agree, bring a back up option like safety pin. and neen, dont have that crack smoking seamstress do anything else! the sides and zipper issue were bad enough!

#9 becks

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

I had a one point bustle and had no problems at all. My dress was fairly light, though. But saftey pins and a sewing kit are an absolute MUST on your packing list. It may not be you who needs them (my sis popped a strap on her bathing suit), but it's far better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#10 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

My dress also has only a one-point bustle...however, it is tafetta and very light so I'm sure it will be fine. I will definitely keep some safety pins on-hand just in case!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users