No dress, we leave in 14 days

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

….a long story and I just don’t have the energy to explain everything in detail again, so here’s a quick synopsis: I was unhappy with my seamstress from the get go, she screwed up so much and I was so frustrated that I kept having to point out such obvious errors. One big one was I asked her to sew a bra into the dress.. well she did this BUT you could totally see the bra thru the dress – and the fact that she thought that was ok.. grrrr. Anyway, fine I pointed it out to her and asked her to fix it. Her solution was to pull them out and sew the cups to the bra on the outside of the inside (if that makes sense) – which omg – are you kidding me!! whatever – I let it go and thought at least nobody could see it. So when I got home and put the dress on (over a week and half ago now) I thought it looked funny as it was pulling from the right side. So I called my neighbor and got her opinion and she thought the same but suggested I get some two sided tape and that should fix the problem. Well stupid me - I of course, waited a freaking week to get the proper stuff and tried it last night and it doesn’t work… !! So then I said screw it and cut out the bra cups because I figured it was just too tight with them in… this worked but it also uncovered another one of her f**k ups.. the seams are uneven and one side even bubbles. With the cups in you couldn’t notice it but with them out it’s so obvious.
    So I was freaking out last night and crying out of pure frustration - I called a completely different bridal store and have an appointment for Monday at 1130am. They sell off the rack and said anything can be altered within 4 days. Holy crap I just can’t believe this is happening. The one wonderful thing is that my dear FI said ‘just get another dress, and who cares what it costs, just find something you like (which made me cry even harder). Cross your fingers for me that I find something and sorry for the long rant, and if it doesn’t make sense - I’m at work and I’m pretending to work which is distracting lol

and I know I should call this lady and give it to her but to be honest I just don’t have it in me, my mum is going to call the bridal shop and explain what happened but at this point I don’t want the dress I really don’t, I know that’s weird but I have so much grrrrr over it I just want to let it go and find something new…
    thanks for listening ladies

#2 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

Awww! I am so sorry! What is with your alterations lady She seems lazy! Well, good luck finding a dress on Monday. I am sure you will find one!

#3 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

Oh my gosh, that's terrible! I would be totally freaking out too. I hope that you head to the other bridal shop and find something perfect that you love. Sending good vibes your way...

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#4 katedoeseurope

• 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

Wow that is soooo terrible. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be so late in the game. Luckily you are in Van with so many great gown shops, I'm sure you'll find something great on Monday.Good luck!

#5 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

i've got a good feeling about this, i think the first dress was not meant to be yours but i think you will find THE dress on monday!

++++++++++fingers crossed+++++++++++
          that you will find the perfect dress!!!!

#6 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,921 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

I am soooooo sorry! I wish I could help out.
            I do have another dress, if it comes down to the wire I am sending it to you.

Haha, that prob doesn't help, but not much I can say but that SUCKS!

Keep us posted!

#7 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

OMG Tracy, that is so crappy I decided at the last minute that my dress wasn't right for me and walked into a salon and found a gorgeous 2nd dress with less than a month to go - so it's totally possible! You'll do great. Here's hoping that you find something even more beautiful and (much more) wearable.

#8 rach220

• 532 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

Oh no! How awful...hopefully you will find one on Monday and maybe it will be even better than the original! These things happen for a reason...

::Crossing my fingers for you::

Married July 16, 2009
                Aventura Cove Palace Resort
                Riviera Maya, Mexico

photo by Misti Douglas

#9 BachataBride

• Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

OMG Tracy. That's terrible!! I can't believe you have to go through this so close to your wedding - that sucks so bad!! But what an amazing FI you have!!! That is so great of him! Good luck with the new hunt - I can totally understand how you just want the other one to go away. It's caused so much grief now that that's probably all you'd think about when you put it on - even if it got fixed perfectly.
                  Let us know how things go. I'm sending good dress shopping vibes your way ~~~~~~~~~~~~

#10 Mylee84

• 287 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:41 AM

ohh i am so sorry! how stressful! that lady seems lazy and not caring at all!!! i hope everything works out! i wish i could help is some way!! =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users