Sign in to follow this  
ssleenyc

2009 Rockhouse Availability

Hello everyone! I have been trying to get in touch with the Rockhouse staff to inquire about wedding availability in 2009. I know the place fills up fast ... hoping for Oct, Nov, or December.

I have not been able to get a hold of the coordinator though...anyone heard anything? Is it a bad sign that nobody has called/emailed us back yet? Maybe it being the new year everyone is really busy? Don't want to read into it but really want to get the location out of the way so we can focus on some of the other fun things!

I found them really difficult to get in touch with as well but from what I've heard thats the norm on "island time". I was trying to get some information too but its like pulling teeth sometimes! I guess we are both going to have to practice our deep breathing and wait patiently.

Hello Ladies,

It took me a long timefor me to get in touch with them at first too. They did email me the menu. It comes to booking it was much easier when I went through a travel agent. They responded to her with in two days and she was able to get me booked for May 19-22. TA Maureen probably can help you...she helped me.

Peace.

I know the hotel is a full capacity for the holiday weeks. If you want an immediate response you may have to call, they don't have a 1-800 number so be careful about international phone charges!

I have called almost every day...serious phone tag. I am open to non-holiday time too. Love the property but getting no response and would like to book in the next 2 weeks so we will see!

FYI-they are completly booked in December 2009; they don't have weddings during peak season. And they require 7 days between each wedding. Just get a calling card (you can get one online for 4 cents/minute) and call them around 9am (Jamaican time) Mon-Wed. Good luck!

The Rockhouse is beautiful! I got in touch with them over the holidays (It took a while for them to respond). I was also asking about late 2009 wedding availability (or early 2010). They didn't send anything about dates unfortunately. They did send a menu without pricing and their wedding requirements. The whole hotel needs to be booked and 8k min. in food/beverages to hold a private reception.

If you haven't heard anything yet I can send you the email they sent me.

Hi All,

I'm also looking into having a wedding there in May 2010. Inise, the wedding coordinator, works every day except Sat and Tues. She typically takes lunch around 2:30 eastern time.

Don't hold me to this, but I believe all dates in 2009 might be taken. And the first time they will do a wedding in 2010 is April (as someone mentioned no high season weddings). The last weekend in April and first weekend in May are already taken, but I'm not sure about any other dates.

I'm going to visit the property the end of April so I'll post pictures and write a review when I get back.

Lisa

Hi,

I'm getting married at the Rockhouse Nov 12 - 15 2009. I confirmed my dates with Inise and from what I understand there are no dates left in 2009. They don't host anything during Dec - April high season and about a 1.5 mos ago I moved my date from Oct to Nov due to some concerns about hurricane season.

It is difficult to get a response from Inise, but keep trying and hopefully you'll have luck.

Cheers,

Angela

Hi,

I tried to book there for my New's Years wedding, and they told me they don't do weddings past Dec 15, so if they have anything available, it would be before then. Good Luck :)