Sign in to follow this  
vgirl17

WW for 2010 Brides!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be! View Post
Lisa! Veronica! How you girls getting on? Just coz I'm happy maintaining now doesn't mean i'm not still looking for your updates!!!

I wanna hear how you girls are getting on asap! cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif
lol I'm still alive and well, just super crazy busy! I've now lost 16.6 pounds, still cheating on WW, but whatever, it works!

Hello Ladies! I am in desperate need of support. Last Wednesday I ordered my wedding dress. After the bridal consultant measured me, she gave me two options. Since my waist is 35 inches, that would make my dress a size 18 which puts me into the plus sizes and I'd have to pay an extra $50 or I could buy a size 16 and lose two inches off my waist. I was mortified to hear that I was a size 18 and would be a plus size bride if I didn't lose weight. I decided to order the size 16 and now am on a mission to lose 30lbs before my wedding day. My long term goal is 40-45 lbs and short term goal is 30lbs. I've always been thin until my late twenties and now early thirties. Since getting engaged in May I've gained about 5 lbs. Since meeting my fiance I've gained about 20lbs. I'm 5'4 and weigh 160.8lbs. I should weigh between 114-127 since I have a small frame. Today I'm starting the gym and have been taking Zumba classes every Friday. I just need to stay motivated. For some reason I lose motivation and just give up. I can't do that now. I have to lose the weight! Any tips for keeping motivated? All your support is greatly appreciated.

You definitely came to the right place for support. The girls on this thread are amazing! When I tried on wedding dresses in April I was a size 18. I am now a size 12. If I can do it, you definitely can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D To Be! View Post
Lisa! Veronica! How you girls getting on? Just coz I'm happy maintaining now doesn't mean i'm not still looking for your updates!!!

I wanna hear how you girls are getting on asap! cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif
Hi Mrs D. and Lisa!!! I miss you guys! I'm great! Super busy with planning now. I got my dress too!!! I need to start posting more so I can get more points to download stuff again!! LOL! I've been maintaining but haven't lost that much lately. I was doing great at going to the gym for a while but that slowed down lately. My oldest is in cheer and our schedule has been pretty hectic. I just need to get to bed early (which has been impossible with all the stuff I'm doing after work...wedding logo, reminder postcards, EVERYTHING wedding related!) and get up in the AM and go back to the gym! I still watch my points but I'm at a stage where if I don't work out I won't see as much results. Not to mention I got my dress!!!! So I NEED to tone my arms and upper body so I'm not spilling out of the top of it! LOL! I feel like time is speeding by now so I have to get back on the gym mission ASAP!

Lisa you're doing great!!! Whatever works! cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by adurrell View Post
Hello Ladies! I am in desperate need of support. Last Wednesday I ordered my wedding dress. After the bridal consultant measured me, she gave me two options. Since my waist is 35 inches, that would make my dress a size 18 which puts me into the plus sizes and I'd have to pay an extra $50 or I could buy a size 16 and lose two inches off my waist. I was mortified to hear that I was a size 18 and would be a plus size bride if I didn't lose weight. I decided to order the size 16 and now am on a mission to lose 30lbs before my wedding day. My long term goal is 40-45 lbs and short term goal is 30lbs. I've always been thin until my late twenties and now early thirties. Since getting engaged in May I've gained about 5 lbs. Since meeting my fiance I've gained about 20lbs. I'm 5'4 and weigh 160.8lbs. I should weigh between 114-127 since I have a small frame. Today I'm starting the gym and have been taking Zumba classes every Friday. I just need to stay motivated. For some reason I lose motivation and just give up. I can't do that now. I have to lose the weight! Any tips for keeping motivated? All your support is greatly appreciated.
welcome4.gif Adurrell!!! This is a great thread to keep up with to post your progress and just vent or talk about how you're doing. We are all very supportive on here and know how hard it can be to do alone. Weight Watchers is a GREAT program and very healthy to follow. I'm glad you ordered the 16 and NOT the 18! You can do this!!! Just stay focused and make 'little' goals and you will succeed :) WW was the ONLY plan I was able to stick with and succeed with. Good Luck and have a great week!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Last night I went to the gym and feel really proud of myself today. It's going to be a long journey but I can do it. Especially with all of your support. Thanks again! I'll keep you posted. Have a great week ladies!

Quote:
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Last night I went to the gym and feel really proud of myself today. It's going to be a long journey but I can do it. Especially with all of your support. Thanks again! I'll keep you posted. Have a great week ladies!
Great job adurrell! Just take it one day at a time and you'll be there before you know it! smile29.gif

Quote:

I would have done the exact same thing, in terms of ordering the smaller dress! If you stick to the plan, I KNOW you will get there! You will look great and any time you need some support or to vent PM me!

Thanks Sammysgirl! I'm trying my hardest to stick to the plan. The long weekend wasn't so good but I'm back on track now. I have to get into the mindset of writing everything I eat down on paper. I haven't been tracking everything I eat. Today starts a new week for me. I will weigh in on Friday and keep you posted!