Sign in to follow this  
m_willis22

wedding paperwork

This is from the Riu website. I just spent a few hours on Monday at the courthouse getting all our paperwork taken care of. I should be mailing it off shortly. It wasn't really that difficult to get it all together. Good luck!

Jamaica:

Notarized copies of Birth Certificate

Notarized copies of Passports or driverâ€s license

Notarized copies of divorce papers (if applicable)

Notarized copies of death certificate (if applicable)

Notorized Documents stating name changes (if applicable)

Notarized, written parental consents (if under 21 years of age)

Renewal of vows in Jamaica:

These ceremonies are a blessing. However, in Jamaica, you need to send us a photocopy of the Marriage Certificate.

*All documents have to be notarized and presented in English 30 days prior to the ceremony.

If your wedding is performed at Riu Palace Tropical Bay, please send the documents to the following address:

* Riu Palace Tropical Bay

Norman Manley Blvd

Negril, Hanover

Jamaica W.I.

In attention to Keneika Rowe, the on- site wedding coordinator.

If your wedding is performed at the RIU Ocho Rios, please send the documents to the following address:

* RIU Ocho Rios

Mammee Bay P.O.

Ocho Rios

St. Ann

JAMAICA

In attention to Chandlyn Edwards, the on-site wedding coordinator.

If your wedding is performed at the RIU Negril, please send the documents to the following address:

* RIU Negril

Norman Manley Boulevard

Bloody Bay Negril

JAMAICA

In attention to Dionne Arthurs, the on-site wedding coordinator.

This was sent in an email to me from the WC at Riu Negril. I'm pretty sure the required documents are the same at ROR.

Notarized / certified copies of Birth Certificate

Notarized / certified copies of divorce papers (If applicable)

Notarized / certified copies of death certificate (If applicable)

Notorized copies of Documents stating name changes (If applicable)

Notarized written parental consents (If below 21 years)

Notorized Photocopy of driverâ€s license, or Passport..

If Clients are European there will be an extra charge of $200 for legalizing Marriage Certificate.(Prices are subjected to change without notice.)

All documents have to be sent, notarized in English and 30 days prior to planned ceremony

Riu Negril DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR MARRIAGE.doc

I ended up sending my DL, passport and Birth Certificate. Chantelle instructed me to send all three. But I think you should be okay with Birth Cert and either DL or passport.

There was a post like this not to long ago. And I was in a panic about the long birth certificate. You can do it online on the canadian government site. I am pretty sure the thread was called paperwork gone & 3 months left. You might find this very helpful.

We arent doing the long birth certificates. It doesnt say on the website that it has to be long, and some people have already stated that the short birth certificate is fine...

Such a hassel and a lot of money to order the long version, not to mention how long it will take to get to you!