Hair & Makeup Trial With Pics

kerryjbrown

Thank you all so much! I am very excited that I got to do a trial while I was down there. It was very last minute for the hair as my cousin is supposed to do it for the wedding but she is having a baby this week and our first trial didn't go so well. I was getting my makeup done and they offered to do a hair trial as well (last minute on 12/23...nice!).

You are right, I didn't think about it lasting all day. It is dark for me as I don't wear much normally (usually warmer tones) and they did say since they would be doing my makeup around 1:30 (is this normal for a 5pm wedding?) before my hair they would do it a bit darker so it would last. SO I freaked out when mom and FI said it was too dark. I will show them the pics adn see what they think.

Thank you all for the kind comments, I feel much better now! Now I just need to tell my cousin she doesn't have to do my hair....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... please tell me you paid attention, lol. I see they are curling your hair with a flat iron and I know you can do that by grabbing at the top and turning over and pulling down but I have never seen such perfect curls done this way. Do you remmy how they did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishi View Post
Ok... please tell me you paid attention, lol. I see they are curling your hair with a flat iron and I know you can do that by grabbing at the top and turning over and pulling down but I have never seen such perfect curls done this way. Do you remmy how they did it?
Funny you mention this as I am going to try to find one of the things she used. I didn't see who made it but it looked like a typical narrow flat iron, but it had little groves on the end and she would wrap it (one piece at a time) with one turn around the iron and then pull down. She explained it to me (in spanish so loose translation here) that it straightens and then curls at the same time. this was good for someone like me that has such naturrally curly hair (which people usually use rollers on my natural curl to get it to hold because if we blow it out, then flatten it to remove frizzies, it will never hold).

She told me that on the wedding day, she will wash/blow it out the night before to be worn strait and then use this iron thingy on it the day of and it will look better.

FYI...my I traveled with strait hair on Sat. (blown out friday night) and she did my hair on monday so it was a MESS to start. I was surprised she could get it to do anything. I have tried to google flat curling iron and have not found it yet. I am goign to go to a salon and ask. looked like a Chi iron as it was black with gold plates. about 1" wide.

• 2 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisdr View Post
Does anyone have the address or contact info for Beauty Lounge? Website?
Rosela and her Salon Beauty Lounge is not online. Yet you can give them rosela´s email banderasrosella@hotmail.com or the number at the salon is 011 52 624 355 4747 (as dialed from the US). She takes brides on referals from friends, please mention my name and/or Leslie Bost.

She is great! Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...