Photo

Seagrape without a DJ?!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 amagee

amagee
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

Thanks! I have started to price them...it is still cheaper than getting the DJ, and this way we can play all of our own music! I guess I am worried about getting one that is loud enough to hear over the ocean?

#12 hardlyanangel

hardlyanangel
    • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

I bought a harmon kardon (looks like a boom box) at future shop for $199 and it pounds. Not being loud enough will not be a problem and you will always have it for around home.

#13 LC2718

LC2718
      • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

I was planning on bringing cds as Chandlyn did say that there is a cd player and speakers to rent. I thought this would be easier than worrying about the docking station for my ipod. However, would recommend using an Ipod instead?

#14 amagee

amagee
        • 129 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

Alright I went and bought these huge I-Pod speakers for the reception, they are huge and take up half of my Fiance's suitcase, we had the scaled out last night and we do not have a pound to spare....yikes! But they sound great!! The were on sale at Best Buy for $99 called Altec Lansing, there is a built in subwoofer (sorry about the spelling?) and one big speaker with two little speakers....again the sound is awesome! I went and stood at the other side of Best Buy and I could hear very clear!

#15 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
          • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

can you still go to the Seagrape without paying $10 per head?

#16 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
            • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=TA Maureen;659431]You can go there during the day when it is regularly opened for all resort guests until around 5 or 6 pm. Then it closes and the $10.00 per person charge is to have it reopened and staffed in the evening for a private party.QUOTE]

Hey Maureen,
              Its reopened for a private party - but there a isonly 16 of us. Do they have multiple private parties on the same night?
              Thanks

#17 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
              • 170 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

thanks, just think it will be mega quiet if its just us 16. HOw long do you have it for when you pay $10 pp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users