Seagrape without a DJ?!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LC2718

LC2718
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hello Ladies,

Wow! A month and a half before I had to the ROR and tie the knot! All the information on here has been extrememly helpful, but I still have one question.

I was wondering if any past/future brides who booked the Seagrape beach and just rented the cd player and speakers (instead of hiring a DJ). My thoughts are that I would probably be bringing my own music anyway, so why not just save some money and play it ourselves?! If you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

#2 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
    • 584 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

I don't have any solid answers for you but I did a search and found this thread for you:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t13132

From what I read there have been brides who rented a dj for the seagrape ($150/hr - but the prices may have changed) and some that have brought their own docking station - speakers/ipod - and used that for their music.

Also, I'm thinking if you want it to be private you have to pay $10/person for open bar...but don't quote me on this.

You are probably best to get in touch with Chandlyn this way you get more straight answers.

HTH!

#3 LC2718

LC2718
      • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

Thanks so much, I'll look at that thread!!

#4 nscaper

nscaper
        • 119 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

I originally had a DJ booked for my night at the Seagrape. BUT at $150/hr (probably @$450+ total), I decided to forgo it, and bought a Bose Sound dock for $200 (on sale at futureshop during boxing-day week sales. It may not be as loud as the DJ with speakers but I think I'm cool with it!

#5 hardlyanangel

hardlyanangel
          • 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

That's exactly what we are doing

#6 jamaica2009bride

jamaica2009bride
            • 123 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

We are doing the same thing- let us know how it goes, hardlyanangel!

#7 amagee

amagee
              • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

I may be in trouble I am having my reception at Seagrape and bringing my own I-Pod, but I assumed they would have the dock there for us to use?

#8 RORJamaica Bride 050809

RORJamaica Bride 050809
                • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

We are bringing a docking station, does anyone know if they have a place to plug them in?

#9 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
                  • 584 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

They don't have a docking station for you to use and there are plugs available.

Maybe an idea is that if there is another bride that is going to be there at the same time and perhaps you can borrow it..just a thought

Good luck!!

#10 hardlyanangel

hardlyanangel
                    • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

Amagee, you can go to Future Shop or any electronics store and buy a small one for $200 and under. You may want one that is battery operated as well just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users