Idea for a Special 1st Birthday Gift?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Banana11

Banana11
  • VIP Member
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

Our really good friend's baby girl is turning 1 years old the day before we all leave for our wedding trip. Any ideas for a special gift for a 1st birthday?

Thanks for your input!

#2 neen

neen
    • 633 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

not sure this works for you, but I thought it was special - my sister bought her niece a necklace with a pearl on it and note to the parents that for each birthday and special occasion a new pearl would be added...so by the time she's older, she'll have a beautiful pearl necklace

#3 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
      • 1,634 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

waw neen that is such a neat idea for a present...a bit like getting someone a charm bracelet and buying them a charm for each birthday...brilliant!

h2b has a godchild, and for their first birthday, he opened her a bank account, and got her a token from Spaceform - contemporary glass gifts. - I love their tokens, and since giving the godchild one, they have gave us many in return for birthdays, and at xmas time there!

Hope that helps...a bit!

#4 Anna83

Anna83
        • 288 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by neen
          not sure this works for you, but I thought it was special - my sister bought her niece a necklace with a pearl on it and note to the parents that for each birthday and special occasion a new pearl would be added...so by the time she's older, she'll have a beautiful pearl necklace
          That is a great gift. I was given pearls by my Godmother when I was a kid, and now I'll be wearing the pearl necklace on my wedding.

Then only downfall is it takes a lot of pearls to fill it up. So if she 1 pearl a year, it will be a pretty small necklace, even by the time she's 30.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users