Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#801 khomac

khomac
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

Awesome Ali!

I'm so happy that the rain didn't affect your mood. It really is hard to have a "bad" time there. I'm so glad you had Phil on your day as well. He really steps up and takes care of business!

Was that your picture he posted in the facebook group?
    Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
    Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#802 Oryx

Oryx
    • 727 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

Congrats Ali! Sounds like a beautiful time, despite the rain. I just met Phil on Saturday and I'm so happy he'll be there to guide me through it all. Please share some pictures, if you get a chance, and congrats again. :)

#803 sciencegrl10

sciencegrl10
      • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:07 AM

Congrats Ali! Sounds like you had a great time despite the rain. Cant wait to see pics!

#804 ali0284

ali0284
        • 226 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:22 AM

thanks ladies. I just had to tell myself I can't control the weather :) Phil was amazing. Also I forgot to mention...the flowers I got were beautiful. I was really impressed with them. THat wasn't me on facebook, that was the wedding the night before, but I did get the same picture :) I'll post some pics when I get a chance!
          ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#805 jkgirl83

jkgirl83
          • 34 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hello ladies! I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your posts on here, reading through everything helped me FINALLY make a decision on a resort....and I just got confirmation for our wedding on January 10, 2011 at the Majestic Colonial! Now everything seems real, and I can't wait to get all of the details worked out!

#806 pamphilia

pamphilia
            • 362 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jkgirl83
              Hello ladies! I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your posts on here, reading through everything helped me FINALLY make a decision on a resort....and I just got confirmation for our wedding on January 10, 2011 at the Majestic Colonial! Now everything seems real, and I can't wait to get all of the details worked out!
              hurray! a fellow january bride! congrats!!
              ~pam

#807 MBBride

MBBride
              • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
                Congrats! I'll be getting married 3 days after you...maybe I will see you there!

Lisa

#808 cristina2011

cristina2011
                • 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Hello fellow brides!! My fiancĀ© proposed to me at the Majestic Colonial on April 7, 2010, so this resort is very dear to me! I was so overwhelmed with excitement that I didn't even thinking about visiting the WC on our last remaining day, even though we both have always planned to have a DW.

We're hoping to return next spring for our wedding, but the prices are so steep that I'm concerned our guests are going to have an issue.

Does anyone have any booking suggestions? I'm afraid to take the plunge without waiting it out a bit... Has anyone booked this resort 6 months in advance without problems?? Any good travel strategists out there?! Although our trip in April was a last minute deal, it worked out to $1409/person incl. tax.

#809 jkgirl83

jkgirl83
                  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:21 PM

Cristina I'm not sure about rates for Spring, but I have been getting group rates coming back around $1,600 per person for early January my travel agent suggested to wait a little bit but that normally the sale/last minute rates aren't that much cheaper and sometimes aren't available for the Colonial. Not sure if this is true...but it's what I was told. Congrats on your engagement!! Good luck with everything!

Lisa and Pam - glad to hear from some January brides!! What location and times did you go with for your ceremonies? Are you doing a private dinner or reception?

#810 pamphilia

pamphilia
                    • 362 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
                      Cristina I'm not sure about rates for Spring, but I have been getting group rates coming back around $1,600 per person for early January my travel agent suggested to wait a little bit but that normally the sale/last minute rates aren't that much cheaper and sometimes aren't available for the Colonial. Not sure if this is true...but it's what I was told. Congrats on your engagement!! Good luck with everything!

Lisa and Pam - glad to hear from some January brides!! What location and times did you go with for your ceremonies? Are you doing a private dinner or reception?
                      hi jkgirl!

we are doing a symbolic beach ceremony with Pastor York at 4pm.

we are having the included dinner at the steakhouse, and then having a private reception at the Parrot or Wet Bar (depending on the number of guests)..

...i am also waiting on some better rates for January. i am a travel agent, and am getting impatient with myself...LOL.
                      ~pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users