Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#751 sciencegrl10

sciencegrl10
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

wow Jessica one week away! when are you leaving? so exciting!

#752 MBBride

MBBride
    • 70 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

Congrats girls...time will fly by!

I think the latest you can have it is 11 pm but then you can always head over to the Disco and continue your dancing there.

#753 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
      • 190 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

Pamphilia - THANK YOU SOO much for the reply, that is very reassuring to hear. YES we are planning a symbolic ceremony, so perhaps I will start making some bookings! lol

Oryx- Thank you as well for providing your info, hearing it from more than one person def. helps!

and you are both fellow canucks!!! Congrats!! Woot!!!

#754 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
        • 190 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Also...I guess in doing a symbolic ceremony, you don't have to be in the DR 3 days prior to the ceremony?!

#755 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig
            Also...I guess in doing a symbolic ceremony, you don't have to be in the DR 3 days prior to the ceremony?!
            That is my understanding!

Have you picked your date yet? I wonder if we'll be there around the same time. Cheers to all the Canadian girls!

#756 wedgirl2011

wedgirl2011
            • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hey Everybody,

Just wondering if anybody can help me with my dinner/reception plans! I finally received an e mail back from Sandra and there are soooo many options to choose from! I didnt see anything on there about the Steakhouse? I didnt think you had to pay for your meal per person at the Steakhouse? If you choose the wet bar/parrot bar/ballroom/presidential suite do you have to pay for your meal per person?
              Also, just wondering if anybody chose to go with a civil ceremony? Any problems with dates being changed? It said on the e mail that the judge may change the dates even after it's already confirmed. Just curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jennifer

#757 wedgirl2011

wedgirl2011
              • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hey Brendali.caban

We're trying to book for May 18th, 2011. Just received an e mail from Sandra, and we have to choose what type of ceremony we want and hope that we still get that date!
                Happy Planning =)

#758 YIweddings

YIweddings
                • 173 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

We've booked the steakhouse for our reception dinner because there is no extra cost (well, it's included in the wedding package you purchase). The restaurant is open every night so they do not have to make special arrangements. The parrot/wet bar and presidential suite require a per person fee for the meal and drinks becuae they close each evening and need to set up, get bar tenders etc. I think it was going to cost me about $100 pp so we decided to only rent the bar area after dinner for $500 and hour for 2 hours.

We're doing symbolic so family who can't travel will see us get married at home first so I'm not sure about the civil ceremony quetion.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by wedgirl2011
                  Hey Everybody,

Just wondering if anybody can help me with my dinner/reception plans! I finally received an e mail back from Sandra and there are soooo many options to choose from! I didnt see anything on there about the Steakhouse? I didnt think you had to pay for your meal per person at the Steakhouse? If you choose the wet bar/parrot bar/ballroom/presidential suite do you have to pay for your meal per person?
                  Also, just wondering if anybody chose to go with a civil ceremony? Any problems with dates being changed? It said on the e mail that the judge may change the dates even after it's already confirmed. Just curious. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jennifer

Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#759 Vallarta_2009

Vallarta_2009
                  • 236 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

For those who are making a welcome brochure or who want to give a heads up to guests as to which tours they can do, I found this website:

Prieto Tours

It's a company that only does tours through the resorts and they offer quite a variety. At least this way your guests can get an idea of what's available to them.

#760 destination_diva

destination_diva
                    • 82 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:32 AM

I haven't picked a resort yet but have heard good things about the Elegance. So it is now on my short list.
                      Wow what a great idea sharing a photographer is! So glad I found this site. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users