Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#741 BeachBrideSoon

BeachBrideSoon
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hi MBBride,
    I see that you are looking to share a photographer during Jan 11-24. How much would it cost? How many days or hours would each bride have him for? Have you already found a few other people to go in with you??
    Thanks!
    -E
    BeachBrideSoon

#742 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
    • 190 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

Hey Feb 2011 brides! Have you guys booked you air and accomodations as well? We are still waiting for group rates to come down as advised by our travel agent, but I am getting nervous about getting the wedding date we want, photographer and boat reservations complete...Did you guys secure these before comfirming your travel dates??

#743 pamphilia

pamphilia
      • 362 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig
        Hey Feb 2011 brides! Have you guys booked you air and accomodations as well? We are still waiting for group rates to come down as advised by our travel agent, but I am getting nervous about getting the wedding date we want, photographer and boat reservations complete...Did you guys secure these before comfirming your travel dates??
        hi Jenn,

i am almost a Feb bride...January 27th! i booked my wedding date (symbolic) a few months ago, but have not secured any travel yet. i am also waiting for some better group rates (i am a travel agent). are you doing a symbolic ceremony, or a civil one? if you are doing symbolic, that opens up a lot of date/time possibilities and you probably don't need to worry as much. good luck!
        ~pam

#744 Oryx

Oryx
        • 727 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:35 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig
          Hi Jenn,
          I am getting married on February 3, 2011. We've booked our symbolic ceremony already with the resort, our photographer, DJ, and videographer. Still waiting for rates to come down for travel...

P.S. Pam -- since you are a travel agent, when do you think rates will come down, based on historical trends? Maybe June when the weather gets warmer (fingers crossed)?

P.S.S. BeachBrideSoon, I sent you a PM.

Happy planning, ladies! :)

#745 pamphilia

pamphilia
          • 362 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Oryx
            Hi Jenn,
            I am getting married on February 3, 2011. We've booked our symbolic ceremony already with the resort, our photographer, DJ, and videographer. Still waiting for rates to come down for travel...

P.S. Pam -- since you are a travel agent, when do you think rates will come down, based on historical trends? Maybe June when the weather gets warmer (fingers crossed)?

P.S.S. BeachBrideSoon, I sent you a PM.

Happy planning, ladies! :)
            hey renee,

i have found that prices do tend to start going down in the summer months, as people aren't really thinking about their winter vacations yet. when people start to get booking for winter, prices start to creep up.

it is really just "wait and see", even for us! it is really so hard to predict. it is certainly frustrating from a bride's point of view!!
            ~pam

#746 sciencegrl10

sciencegrl10
            • 33 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

Hi Ladies,
              Sorry if I am repeating another post. Does anyone know if the non-private dinner can start before 6:30 pm? If we decide not to do the open bar that means that we will only have about 2 hours for the private party following dinner (since I have read on here that if you don't do the open bar you have to be finished by 10 PM).

Thanks

less than 6 weeks to go.....

#747 MBBride

MBBride
              • 70 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BeachBrideSoon
                Hi MBBride,
                I see that you are looking to share a photographer during Jan 11-24. How much would it cost? How many days or hours would each bride have him for? Have you already found a few other people to go in with you??
                Thanks!
                -E
                Hi E,

Feel free to PM for details...unfortunately I don't think I'm able to PM because I'm new? So far, there's one other couple booked for sure and there have been a few others expressing interest. I don't think it'll be hard to get at least 3 couples on board.

Lisa

#748 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sciencegrl10
                  Hi Ladies,
                  Sorry if I am repeating another post. Does anyone know if the non-private dinner can start before 6:30 pm? If we decide not to do the open bar that means that we will only have about 2 hours for the private party following dinner (since I have read on here that if you don't do the open bar you have to be finished by 10 PM).

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know the answer. But only a few weeks to go, how exciting! All the best to you!

#749 JessicaANDJermaine

JessicaANDJermaine
                  • 216 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

I'm getting married a week today!!!!
                    I asked the same question but unfortunately the earliest you can start your diiner would be 6:30 as this is when the restaurants open.

Jessica

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sciencegrl10
                    Hi Ladies,

Thanks

Jessica

#750 sciencegrl10

sciencegrl10
                    • 33 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

hi Jessica thanks for the info. how do you plan to navigate this? even with the open bar I think we only have until 11pm (please correct me if I'm wrong). do you think it will be enough time?

Thanks Renee! i am so excited i'm about to burst!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users