Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Hi, I am contemplating getting married at Majestic Elegance in May 2010. I was looking at the reception prices and almost decided to stay home and elope! We are looking to have around 60 guests+. I noticed some of you mentioned a free dinner at one of the restaurants and a reception else where? Also, for the open bar,is the price per hour or a flat fee for each guest? Any info you have on this would be EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks ladies!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwhip View Post
Hi everyone...I've attached the template for my info booklet, which contains info on Punta Cana, Majestic Colonial, travel tips, etc. Many thanks to Khomac (her website included many helpful things which I added) and another poster, whose name escapes me, that had uploaded a Punta Cana info. booklet some time ago. I largely modeled my booklet after hers, tweaking and adding things specific to Majestic Colonial, etc. I tried searching for her name to properly acknowledge her, but couldn't find it. sad.gif I used a three-hole punch and tied the booklet together with ribbons to make it look really cute :-) That's about as fancy as I could get with this, since I work full-time and go to law school in the evenings! I mailed the booklets out last week, a little more than a month before we all leave.
Hopefully it will help someone!!

~~Mel

Hi Mel,

Can you email me a copy of your attachment? For some reason I have limited access on this forum (perhaps because I have only been on here a handful of times). Thanks so much!!!

crystalmhowe@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal&Matt2010 View Post
Hi, I am contemplating getting married at Majestic Elegance in May 2010. I was looking at the reception prices and almost decided to stay home and elope! We are looking to have around 60 guests+. I noticed some of you mentioned a free dinner at one of the restaurants and a reception else where? Also, for the open bar,is the price per hour or a flat fee for each guest? Any info you have on this would be EXTREMELY helpful! Thanks ladies!!
Hi Crystal, if you want May 2010 at Majestic, you need to start contacting the WCs ASAP! May is a busy month at Majestic. If you decide to have dinner at a restaurant, they block off an area for you (not private) and there's no cost up to 60 guests. Beyond 60 ppl, there's $10/person cost. Open bar, I believe, is the flat fee per person for 2-hrs...I could be wrong about his...anyone else have facts on this?

Quote:
Hi Mel,

Can you email me a copy of your attachment? For some reason I have limited access on this forum (perhaps because I have only been on here a handful of times). Thanks so much!!!

crystalmhowe@hotmail.com

Hey Crystal
I posted my copy in the Dominican forums. It's also posted in the DIY forums but figured it'd be more useful here. I couldn't upload my template because it was too big, so I created a website where you can copy and paste all the info into your own format.

Have fun!

Quote:
Hi Crystal,

The open bar ranges-depending if you want domestic, international or premium.
The least expensive option is 15$ per person per hour which comes out pretty pricey.
You can speak to your coordinator about how you can make this cost less expensive by either having your reception near a bar where your guest can just walk over and grab a drink (since it's all inclusive) or you can have the wine and beer added into your reception menu for a minimal fee.

OCTOBER 2009

Angela139 - October 20, 2009

khomac - October 22, 2009

cgf - October 27, 2009

NOVEMBER 2009

lscilley- Nov 16, 2009

andime85- Nov 24, 2009

majesticbride - Nov 24, 2009

DECEMBER 2009

*~Tara~* - December 7, 2009

SunnyCherries - Dec 8, 2009

xcandilkx-Dec 31, 2009

JANUARY 2010

mskcard77- January 9,2010

lisab - January 12, 2010

CityDryms - January 2010

chicpea - January 18, 2010

trance angelxOx- Jan 19, 2010

FEBRUARY 2010

newbride - February 3, 2010

karldettmann - February 12, 2010

MARCH 2010

Anna_C - March 26, 2010

APRIL 2010

livinlife - April 20th, 2010

tiggerulz - April 20th, 2010

liujessicam - April 22nd, 2010

QCbride-April 28th, 2010

MAY 2010

lara&mike - May 3 2010

Nicoleswrld - May 13, 2010

CnC - May 14, 2010

MexicoBeachBride2010 - May 18, 2010

littleone77 - May 19, 2010

ali0284- May 26, 2010

JUNE 2010

Vallarta_2009 - June 2, 2010

JULY 2010

Jenny K-W (Jenn and Dave) July 20, 2010

Jefiner - Majestic Colonial, July 21, 2010

Maigan & Brad - Majestic Elegance, July 26, 2010

Mel4983 - Majestic Colonial, July 27, 2010

OCTOBER 2010

Regine - Majestic Elegance, Oct 9th, 2010

Michele L - Majestic Colonial, Oct 19th, 2010

NOVEMBER 2010

Rhiannonbs - Majestic elegance, November 27th, 2010

We have a date - July 26th 2010!!! Super excited!

Can anyone explain what my next step is - in relation to the details of the wedding do I book everything with a travel agent or through the wedding coordinator?

Does the Elegance offer 3 or 4 day package options for guests?

Thanks so much :)