Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#391 Jefiner

Jefiner
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hi ladies,

I also am having a hard time getting a reply! Its been almost 2 weeks. Just wanted you to know so you dont think your the only one!

Jenn

#392 karenk77

karenk77
    • 369 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

They are horrible with that..I emailed them like 3 months ago..we were actually down there met with the coordinator..I come home like 2 days later I get a reply saying sorry for the delay bla bla and I hope this answers ur questions..mind you I had put my complete name in the email..not only did it take the 3 mths for the reply she had no recollection of speaking to us 2 days prior I wouldnt count on the wedding coordinator to be too much help, but the grounds are so beautiful its worth dealing with

#393 chicpea

chicpea
      • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to see all the posts in here about the MC. I just joined the forum (today), but have already booked my wedding for January 2010. Will add to the list...

JULY 2009
        Greg and Kat - July 29, 2009

AUGUST 2009
        Melwhip- Aug 3, 2009

OCTOBER 2009
        Angela139 - October 29, 2009
        khomac - October 22, 2009
        cgf - October 27, 2009

NOVEMBER 2009
        lscilley- Nov 16, 2009
        andime85- Nov 24, 2009
        majesticbride - Nov 24, 2009

DECEMBER 2009
        *~Tara~* - December 7, 2009
        SunnyCherries - Dec 8, 2009
        xcandilkx-Dec 31, 2009

JANUARY 2010
        mskcard77- January 9,2010
        lisab - January 12, 2010
        CityDryms - January 2010
        chicpea - January 18, 2010
        trance angelxOx- Jan 19, 2010

FEBRUARY 2010
        newbride - February 3, 2010
        karldettmann - February 12, 2010

MARCH 2010
        Anna_C - March 26, 2010

APRIL 2010
        livinlife - April 20th, 2010
        tiggerulz - April 20th, 2010
        liujessicam - April 22nd, 2010
        QCbride-April 28th, 2010

MAY 2010
        MexicoBeachBride2010 - May 18, 2010
        ali0284- May 26, 2010

NOVEMBER 2010
        Rhiannonbs - Majestic elegance, November 27th, 2010

#394 khomac

khomac
        • 380 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:04 AM

I think we're getting the wrong idea's about the co-ordinators. look at all of the people who are emailing them, and that's just here. Imagine all the other people not on this forum who are getting married there.

Please dont' doubt their skill and performance for your wedding day based on the email. I was MOH for my friends wedding there and they were incredible which is why I chose it for my own wedding. They really do take good care of you.

My fiance is dominican and they have a different laid back attitude. The co-ordinators basically want to know your name and which date you need the judge for. Everything else you can plan there. Alot of brides don't get to see the resort beforehand so they might say they want Gazebo, Steakhouse, the Parrot Bar. But then when they get there, they see the other options, and then they change thier minds. This is a DW. They are supposed to be easy and carefree.

BUT what the co-ordinators don't understand is that WE NEED A DATE!! I know alot of brides are trying just to book it and it's sooo frustrating because we need to book travel, time off work, etc. this is where the co-ordinators need to understand us North Americans lol

Good luck girls, be patient, relax, and know that you will have a beautiful wedding no matter what happens!!
          Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
          Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#395 karenk77

karenk77
          • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:47 AM

Agreed. The service there is outstanding, from management to waitstaff which makes your stay that much more amazing. But from the coordinator stand point it would be nice to get an email reply within a week...I know they are swamped with us crazy brides..so I wasn't expecting same day, or even next day..a week was sufficient. 3 months?? And then not realizing I just met with her in person like 2 days prior? thats a little much...but I still booked the place because they just made our stay wonderful.

#396 Jenn K-W

Jenn K-W
            • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Congrats to everyone on thier upcoming wedding!!!

I am adding myself to the list of Magestic Brides! I am surprised I am the only one in July of 2010 on the forum so far. I had a really difficult time getting a date in July, and I gave them a 3 week time period!!! What a releif now, though... and very exciting!!

JULY 2009
              Greg and Kat - July 29, 2009

AUGUST 2009
              Melwhip- Aug 3, 2009

OCTOBER 2009
              Angela139 - October 29, 2009
              khomac - October 22, 2009
              cgf - October 27, 2009

NOVEMBER 2009
              lscilley- Nov 16, 2009
              andime85- Nov 24, 2009
              majesticbride - Nov 24, 2009

DECEMBER 2009
              *~Tara~* - December 7, 2009
              SunnyCherries - Dec 8, 2009
              xcandilkx-Dec 31, 2009

JANUARY 2010
              mskcard77- January 9,2010
              lisab - January 12, 2010
              CityDryms - January 2010
              chicpea - January 18, 2010
              trance angelxOx- Jan 19, 2010

FEBRUARY 2010
              newbride - February 3, 2010
              karldettmann - February 12, 2010

MARCH 2010
              Anna_C - March 26, 2010

APRIL 2010
              livinlife - April 20th, 2010
              tiggerulz - April 20th, 2010
              liujessicam - April 22nd, 2010
              QCbride-April 28th, 2010

MAY 2010
              MexicoBeachBride2010 - May 18, 2010
              ali0284- May 26, 2010

JULY 2010
              Jenny K-W (Jenn and Dave) July 20, 2010

NOVEMBER 2010
              Rhiannonbs - Majestic elegance, November 27th, 2010
              Jenn
              Bride and Groom plus 15 guests booked so far!!!!

#397 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
              • 198 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chicpea
                Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to see all the posts in here about the MC. I just joined the forum (today), but have already booked my wedding for January 2010. Will add to the list...
                hey you're getting married the day before me :P Are you going at the Elegance too?

#398 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                • 280 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by karenk77
                  They are horrible with that..I emailed them like 3 months ago..we were actually down there met with the coordinator..I come home like 2 days later I get a reply saying sorry for the delay bla bla and I hope this answers ur questions..mind you I had put my complete name in the email..not only did it take the 3 mths for the reply she had no recollection of speaking to us 2 days prior I wouldnt count on the wedding coordinator to be too much help, but the grounds are so beautiful its worth dealing with
                  I met my WC Maritee and they honestly are very busy. It's not an excuse because I want to be a priority too but I will say relax and be patient because they told me they do 3 weddings a day and get 200+ emails a day to go through. If you are trying to book a date consider calling. If it's just about details such as flowers, cake flavors, etc be patient because they told me not to worry about the details until I get down there. Additionally, facebook has a group for Majestic Colonial brides that has alot of info, and my photographer I hire, Phil Steingard, is always willing to help too. Congrats all you fellow brides and remember we are all in the same boat. Even if emails take forever our days will all be magical because the WC do come through for all of us brides!

#399 karenk77

karenk77
                  • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

Yea i'm sure they are on top of their game. I by any means don't mean to scare anyone by saying this but make sure that your WC is still working there because when we were there the first week of august one had just quit the day before..hopefully it's not Maritee but just incase give them a call.

#400 khomac

khomac
                    • 380 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by karenk77
                      Yea i'm sure they are on top of their game. I by any means don't mean to scare anyone by saying this but make sure that your WC is still working there because when we were there the first week of august one had just quit the day before..hopefully it's not Maritee but just incase give them a call.
                      Really? Someone quit? I only know of Sandra, Maritee, and Massiel.

My suggestion is to confirm EVERYTHING! Your date, your romantic breakfast & dinner on the beach, photographer, everything!

Im going to do one email a few weeks prior, with all the requests I have made, that way they are not scattered in different emails.

Good luck ladies!
                      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users