1361 replies to this topic

#331 khomac

khomac
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adele0283
    hi

thank u all for the info it has given me alot to think about.
    Welcome Adele! when are you getting married? I'm still learning my way around the site. There is a ton of information!
    Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
    Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#332 khomac

khomac
    • 380 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010
      thanks Khomac! I did check into it again and it's on their website also. You must book 15 rooms each at 7 nights stay with no other discounts. What people don't realize and i didn't....when you book through a TA you get a discount. For example, my group and I got the early booking special so for 7 nights it was $735 a person (only $105/night)....this is super low so it's discounted below what the normal cost is because we booked early which means no free wedding anyway. Not a big deal to me but I don't know of anyone who could get a free wedding unless booking through the hotel directly.
      I knew there was a catch in there somehow, but I wasn't too sure how it worked. Thanks for clearing it up!
      Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#333 ali0284

ali0284
      • 226 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

Does anyone know how much the Majestic charges for a day pass....like if I were to bring in an outside photographer? Thanks!
        ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#334 khomac

khomac
        • 380 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ali0284
          Does anyone know how much the Majestic charges for a day pass....like if I were to bring in an outside photographer? Thanks!

usually it's $90, but if it's for the wedding day, they drop it down to $50. Kids are the same price.
          Kelly & Pablo

#335 Caribe

Caribe
          • Banned
          • 69 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

The Majestic charges 50$US for a day pass for you Photographer !And he can also stay for the Dinner ! Until 24:00Pm . I have never problems, even stay longer sometimes !!

#336 ali0284

ali0284
            • 226 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

awesome, thank you guys!
              ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#337 ali0284

ali0284
              • 226 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

What time is everyone getting married at and where (beach or gazebo)? WHat is the best time to get married at...for pictures and everything?

#338 Caribe

Caribe
                • Banned
                • 69 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

The best time for you pictures is after five!! The sun goes slowly down!! and on the beach it's always a wind and it's fresher than the gazebo,for your guests also.

#339 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
                  • 280 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Hi Ali,

I was there in may and I hated the beach set up. It is in the middle of everyone sunbathing and people came out of the ocean during a wedding and were huddling around topless, in speedos, and tiny bikinis. I felt like some of them were getting too close to the point it was almost intrusive vs watching from a far which is to be expected. My fiance and I chose 4pm in the Gazebo and will do pictures before with a 1st look moment and then our beach pictures after the ceremony. Just my thoughts!

#340 Caribe

Caribe
                    • Banned
                    • 69 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010
                      Hi Ali,

I was there in may and I hated the beach set up. It is in the middle of everyone sunbathing and people came out of the ocean during a wedding and were huddling around topless, in speedos, and tiny bikinis. I felt like some of them were getting too close to the point it was almost intrusive vs watching from a far which is to be expected. My fiance and I chose 4pm in the Gazebo and will do pictures before with a 1st look moment and then our beach pictures after the ceremony. Just my thoughts!
                      this is correct !! but I think that's the job of your Wedding Photogapher and the Wedding Cordinator to keep this people (bikini and other Hotel Guests ) far away from your wedding!I have a lot of weddings in the macestic Colonial or Elegance and never had problems on the beach !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users